Need to borrow 46mm socket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.source3.com
To remove the crank nut on a 79 2f. I am pretty sure it is 46mm. Removing the pully to replace the timing cover outside gasket.

Anyone have one? Maybe Jon loaned Skipper his?

Thanks.

Last edited:
To remove the crank nut on a 79 2f. I am pretty sure it is 46mm. Removing the pully to replace the timing cover outside gasket.

Anyone have one? Maybe Jon loaned Skippy his?

Thanks.

If it is the same size nut as on the 3FE, I have a 1-13/16 that would work. That bolt was on there tight, I had to use a 6 ft foot cheater bar, and weigh down the engine stand with about 300 lbs to get it off.

Last edited:
Andrew, what ever you do be careful. I once impacted off the nut and damaged the rivets on the pulley. Best to use a long breaker bar. This is only an issue on the 2F, not the 3FE. You are correct, Skipper has both my socket and my breaker bar.

You can use the starter to bump it off.

Engine is on the stand already, with the starter removed. I've got been able to get it off using other methods in the past, but I just don't have a 46mm socket (or 1-13/16) lying around to get it off.

Dan

Andrew,

I plan to head out to Rio Rancho around 9-10 AM to help a friend out. I believe another friend has the socket you need. And probaly a few more things you can use. It would not be a problem to swing by and drop them or help. If I don't get a chance to check Mud, feel free to call me at 259-3169.

Rudy

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Rudy, I will call you later. All the work is occurring up at Dan's shop and I head out early. I will try to call you later to check availability. I will most likely need the the socket next weekend. If we do not meet up, I will either bug Skipper or try purchase a 1-13/16" locally.

Thanks to all.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Rudy, I will call you later. All the work is occurring up at Dan's shop and I head out early. I will try to call you later to check availability. I will most likely need the the socket next weekend. If we do not meet up, I will either bug Skipper or try purchase a 1-13/16" locally.

Thanks to all.

If you don't need it till next weekend, I can barrow one by then. The east mountains are quicker drive then out to Corrales, so it would be easy to fly by. But either way, pretty much sure I can get you set up. I gotta run now, but will talk to you later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom