Need roof rack options for RTT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GamiViti. Check out the pricing I'm not sure why you'd want to go with the more expensive ones.

Bonus of purchasing a gamiViti rack is that you are supporting a super cool dude who is a club member, 100s in the hills sponsor and all around nice guy.

hey Xetabur how did you mount the awning to the thule bars??

I used the Foxwing mounts that came with the awning.

image.jpg

Does it have to be that high to clear the lift gate ?

Does anybody have pictures of a roof top tent on a Front Runner Slimline II? I want to see how its mounted using their mounting brackets. I want the tent to open to the side of the vehicle. I believe that in order to do this I have to mount the rails on the bottom of the tent (exrtusions) parallel with the vehicle but ARB says to mount them in the direction of the opening. Is it necessary to have the extrusions running in the direction of the opening?

Here's a shot of the mounting bracket for an Eezi-Awn RTT on a Front Runner rack using the extrusions on the tent that are parallel to the truck (tent opens to the side). I suppose it would be possible to mount to the perpendicular extrusions, but you'd lose the ability to move the tent forward and backward. Not sure if the ARB tent is the same.

tentmount.jpg

100_dolores_cropped.jpg

Guys thanks for all the love, you are too sweet. :) See you at HIH, shoot mention this thread and get a free prize- :beer:

hope to have a few new tricks to show off as well. This is what my setup looks like these days, with RTT...

100_rtt_awning_cropped.jpg

Perrobravo - thank you for the picture. Looks like your tent has 2 sets of extrusions on the bottom. The ARB tent only has one set but you can attach them in the other direction.

I've had my 4+ person CVT tent up with with a family of 3 sleeping. No worries.

@TeCKis300

Is this one of the dual ladder tents? I'm strongly considering one of those and curious how you secure it on the factory rack.

Last edited:
I just bought a Tepui tent from a friend. I do not have the factory rack on my 100. I was thinking about buying Thule brackets and flat bars, do you all think this would be sufficient? 2 bars or 3? Not sure I want to spend all the money for a roof rack at the moment.

I just bought a Tepui tent from a friend. I do not have the factory rack on my 100. I was thinking about buying Thule brackets and flat bars, do you all think this would be sufficient? 2 bars or 3? Not sure I want to spend all the money for a roof rack at the moment.

I think you just have to make sure the dynamic weight capacity is up to snuff..........

Just FYI I have been using mine on the factory rack for three seasons with absolutely no trouble.
@LTrain0800 Do you have pictures of how you set this up? I'm picking up the ARB tent tomorrow and all I have is the factory rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom