Roof Rack Delete Weatherstripping Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I started to take my roof rack off my 07 LC, which consisted of breaking both front covers. It was then that I realized that the front covers hold down the A pillar weatherstripping and that the roof weather stripping is too short if your car has a factory roof rack.

What are people doing? I saw that I can order A pillar and roof trim for non luggage carrier vehicles but its like $500.

Funny, I had the exact same experience with my '07, including the breaking of the covers.
The correct trim is really all you can do.

P.S. Anyone want to trade their stock rack for my Gamiviti? 😂

So I notice that if you look here at the parts diagram (for 2007 LC). Toyota describes a part #1 (roof molding) and #2 (windshield molding). They list a sunroof/luggage carrier sunroof/no luggage carrier variation for each.

Does anyone know what the difference is between each part respectively?

roof.png

Last edited:
I am also a gap enjoyer.

I even ordered the correct moulding when I had the windshield re-sealed (was still leaking after replacing) because the gap bothered me and I didn't know there were two different versions of the moulding when I was originally ordering. The place didn't put it on because "the moulding was still good" and I was like :bang: so I still have the longer moulding in the garage.

I am also a gap enjoyer.

I even ordered the correct moulding when I had the windshield re-sealed (was still leaking after replacing) because the gap bothered me and I didn't know there were two different versions of the moulding when I was originally ordering. The place didn't put it on because "the moulding was still good" and I was like :bang: so I still have the longer moulding in the garage.

I was going to do the same thing but completely spaced it when it came time to replace the glass.

So I notice that if you look here at the parts diagram (for 2007 LC). Toyota describes a part #1 (roof molding) and #2 (windshield molding). They list a sunroof/luggage carrier sunroof/no luggage carrier variation for each.

Does anyone know what the difference is between each part respectively?

View attachment 3527708
If I had to guess (and I was just doing a roof rack swap on my 2004 100 series that involved wrestling with that drip moulding), the trim for a luggage carrier has windows cut out that expose the bolt holes for the factory roof rack. The trim for a roof without a luggage carrier will probably be solid from end to end without any windows.

I'm attaching an image of the OEM parts that came off my roof. The long thin pieces at the bottom are the drip mouldings from either side. See the windows along their length?

image - OEM roof rack Medium.jpeg

Hope this helps.

Jason

There are occasional benefits to a delete. It's grown on me after I temporarily tried an aftermarket. Never have dealt with the trim though and the windshield currently leaks.

IMG_7078.jpeg

IMG_4711.jpeg

IMG_8776.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom