Need help! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i'd like to see the engine mounts.
something had to give there, either sheared the bolt, or messed up the block or the mount.
The mounts are definitely broken. The block looks to be ok. But will not know till I start pulling everything out. I am just the one who can fix it. The body shop or myself will give the owner a price to fix it. Hopefully I can buy it and fix everything myself!!

I have a good strait 75 frame but no title. It would need bonded. Located in NM.

There's a 76 frame with springs and axles for sale in southern Utah for $1k. "blasted and painted". Not sure if he'll split it up but let me know if you want his contact info.

There's a 76 frame with springs and axles for sale in southern Utah for $1k. "blasted and painted". Not sure if he'll split it up but let me know if you want his contact info.
I will definitely let you know.. depending on what the owner wants to do moving forward with the rebuild

Im not sure how you are going to handle your title for a frame swap but a 1975 40 or non matching VINs will not help the value from a clean '77
Thats going to be a problem for the owner.. changing the frame and different vin#’s will kill the value of this Fj40. And cutting out the vin and welding it into another frame would look like junk....

Well I finally got more information this morning... insurance has totaled the Fj40 and the customer took to pay off and bought it back. Now the real question is what is this thing worth! Body mounts are ok but I noticed yesterday that the bell housing is cracked.. body definitely has damaged on rear at the seams.. definitely a lot of work..

It’s needs to be fixed correctly.. no cutting.. it will get a new frame depending on what the owner wants to spend!

You certainly can do what you want, but you apparently don't know too much about fabrication. I guess it separates the real mechanics from the parts changers.

You certainly can do what you want, but you apparently don't know too much about fabrication. I guess it separates the real mechanics from the parts changers.

Lololololololol

Well I can certainly fabricate with the best of them. But that’s ok. I am not going to cut and weld the original frame. Especially now that’s its a salvage title.. Wish you actually got a chance to know me or the work I have done over the last 18 years... but thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom