Need help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This 77 Fj40 was in a small accident right off the road hit a tree bent the frame. I am looking to see what’s out here before I go and buy a whole other Fj40. This 77 will need a new frame and everything else is going to swap over. Yes a lot of work but it’s still worth it!

0FC360D0-BDEB-4512-990E-40E63B97CBDA.jpeg

9A917916-BA82-44F0-AEA0-D2E1A716D037.jpeg

AFCDADAA-0E92-40DD-97D0-341F608C384A.jpeg

2E84CCA6-CB7C-4A02-B21D-D4655B657A9F.jpeg

56F2E0F1-3DFB-4774-B3B7-DF1D0900AF8F.jpeg

Ouch..... I remember seeing frames on a rack being straightened. Is that a possibility? Good luck it's a good look'in 40.

Based on my experiences, that would take a LOT of work at a frame shop. I think I would try to find a used frame and swap over the bits first, but YMMV.

I know it’s a long way from you, but @a77fj40 has a straight 77 frame with a ‘65 tub on it for sale in the classifieds.

Last edited:
It’s at the frame/body shop now... it’s a no go. Have to get a new frame. That’s why I am posting to see if anyone has a good frame. Hate to have to buy a complete Fj40 to just get the frame!

I know it’s a long way from you, but @a77fj40 has a straight frame with a ‘65 tub on it for sale in the classifieds.
Thanks but the 65 frame is different from the 77. I would really love to find one that’s a late model and with a good title... good luck I know!

It was a ‘77 frame. Never mind. It sold last month. Under 1k.

Looks like I see three point seat belts attached to the roll bar. Hopefully you were using them and no one got hurt. Can see the front frame member rust on the right side possibly sheared the rivots. Do find saying small accident when bent frame is involved. Think on a brand new 200 series this would equal totaled.

Looks like I see three point seat belts attached to the roll bar. Hopefully you were using them and no one got hurt. Can see the front frame member rust on the right side possibly sheared the rivots. Do find saying small accident when bent frame is involved. Think on a brand new 200 series this would equal totaled.
I was not driving the Fj40 I am the guy who the body shop will hire to fix it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom