Need help picking skids for 2020 GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I currently have cbi covert front bumper, Vixtory 4x4 mid and transfer case black powder coated aluminum skids. I am interested in getting a steel front engine skid. RCI and Victory 4x4 have sales going on right now. I’ve been going down the wormhole of reading comments/reviews and seems like all the major brands have their own issues. Can anyone with experience with multiple brands help? I’m leaning towards Victory 4x4 steel front engine skid since I already have their mid + transfer case skid

Photos of my current build 2020 Lexus GX 460

867A609F-AD04-4182-A38D-A04E0A2E204A.jpeg

2C744844-6312-4FDD-B759-17DF40026099.jpeg

DBA90B84-9C24-4B56-996C-30A65444DD9A.jpeg

2A3A89B7-AEAD-4DBC-93EE-CD3DA1A84947.jpeg

4D150754-F34C-4558-B329-0365F0E0717C.jpeg

Don't the Victory skids kind of dovetail together? Might be a reason to stick with Victory.

But what do I know, I have a hodgepodge of 3 different brands of skid plates.

I currently have cbi covert front bumper, Vixtory 4x4 mid and transfer case black powder coated aluminum skids. I am interested in getting a steel front engine skid. RCI and Victory 4x4 have sales going on right now. I’ve been going down the wormhole of reading comments/reviews and seems like all the major brands have their own issues. Can anyone with experience with multiple brands help? I’m leaning towards Victory 4x4 steel front engine skid since I already have their mid + transfer case skid

As far as I know, budbuilt offers the only front skid that has easy oil drain plug and filter access. Been happy with mine. Solid and everything matches up perfectly, even the mounting screws to the plastic trim.

IMG_5900.jpg

Looked at your post again and forgot that you have that new cbi bumper, so not sure how the budbuilt would look like fit up to it.

Looked at your post again and forgot that you have that new cbi bumper, so not sure how the budbuilt would look like fit up to it.
Thanks! I’ll reach out to Bud to see if his front skid is compatible with a cbi front bumper.

Also, what rock sliders is it wearing?

Does Victory not have an oil pan drain bolt access hole?
Check the sticky after market thread on the main page:
There's a bunch of vendors for skids on the second post down and probably more since that was posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom