Need a new carburetor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The old one was dead. I found one at Maxpeedingrods.com but it is not getting any fuel
into the carb. The float isn't even wet. I was thinking just to buy and old one and rebuild it.

Fuel into carb doesn’t mean a problem with car. The mechanical fuel pump that feeds fuel into the bowl is more suspect. The passageway on carb is nothing more than a passage way with a mesh filter. If no fuel enters bowl you need to inspect fuel pump on block and hardline up to carb.

Is this a factory Aisan carb or aftermarket such as Weber?

We replaced that too. Everything is inspected and free. All we can figure is something came lose
and some debris came in. (forgive me lack of vocabulary, I am new.)

We replaced that too. Everything is inspected and free. All we can figure is something came lose

unhook fuel line leading into carb and crank motor. Have a bowl to catch fuel. If fuel pours out, something is blocking, however if it was blocked you’d probably see a leak somewhere.

I found one at Maxpeedingrods.com but it is not getting any fuel into the carb.

I bought one of their 22R mini truck carbs - total flaming pile of garbage. Go stock or stock/rebuilt.

Last edited:
I like my city racer joint Fuji carb.

I’ve put 30k on it and I’m in Houston.

Is your original carb the stock Aisan? There are rebuild kits for them and unless it’s been crushed or it exploded it can be rebuilt

i checked and i have no rebuild-able good cores at the moment

sorry

is your fuel pump , pumping fuel up to the carb ?

Is your fuel filter have fuel in it and is it clean?

With the availability and price of stock Aisin carbs, it's well worth your while rebuild it. If it's a Webber, you are already desmogged so might as well put a Sniper 2300 on it or get the cityracer carb.

The fuel gets all the to the carb but will not enter the carb. We can't see down in to see an obstruction and
we have done everything to remove an obstruction.

I would get a rebuild kit and pull the carb apart... You could try just taking the top off, removing the float, and checking the needle valve... If I was seeing nothing come into the bowl, I would personally rebuild it and make sure the body has a good soak in carb cleaner. Or send it to Jim C or one of the other mud vendors to get it rebuilt

Unless you have a physical obstruction in the line then you likely have a float or float needle problem. The float needle could be stuck closed and this would prevent any fuel from flowing into the bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom