SOLD ND 1991 FJ80 with LS, etc... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Reinforcing the idea that I have automotive ADHD, I’m going to sell my 91 FJ80 and move on to something else. I know it’s a bit of a cliché, but this really was a ‘no expense spared’ build and I have zero expectations of getting all my money out.

I bought it in the spring of 2022 with 161k miles on it. It has 169k miles on it now. About half of those miles are from a trip home from Valley Hybrids and from Fargo to Montana last summer. Here are the big pieces:

169k miles on the chassis
LS1 4L60 transmission. FZJ80 transfer case
This work was done at Proffitts in the winter of 2022/23. Not sure of the miles on the engine, but it runs great​
Full float rear axle, new disc brakes all around, Eaton locker front and rear, new brake booster, rebuild transfer case, etc.
This work was done by Georg (@orangefj45 👋) at Valley Hybrids. Can’t say enough about working with those guys!​
OMEBP51 suspension. No rattles and it rides great!
35” BFG tires on Icon wheels
Full dynamant
Stealth stereo install using Whits End quarter panel board, subwoofer in the quarter panel and one under the drivers seat
Bowfin roof rack, ARB bumper, Rigid lights, new front seat belts
New windshield, new under hood insulation, Equipt seat covers, new window runs, new fuel pump, boxes of misc parts. I have the original rims too (tires are on Ben’s Bronco Project (Project Wrong Way)
Many other small things

Here’s what could use some attention:
  1. The tach would jump around a bit when it was colder this winter. It hasn’t happened in a few weeks. Maybe it’s a ground wire?
  2. No cruise control – there are ways to add it, but I am not technical enough do the necessary wiring so I go without.
  3. There’s a dimple on the hood. It could probably be pulled out?
  4. Under the passenger mirror there is a dark spot. It looks like the paint was worn through, but it also feels like it’s under the clearcoat.
I built it for 2 reasons. Camping with my girls and plowing through the snow. Neither has really happened and I drive it *maybe* once a week to hockey practice. Never when the roads are wet. I just don’t use it very often. I did spray it with Fluid Film this fall, but I have a video PRIOR to the spraying to show that it has zero rust.

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_1841 (1).jpg

original seats.JPG

IMG_1980 (2).jpg

Last edited:
If you have an 80, I’d recommend buying this panel from Wits End. I bought it not knowing what I’d mount to it, and it took 6 months to show up, but I’m glad I ordered one when I did!

IMG_0979.jpeg

A foot of snow is expected this weekend. I plan to hit every drift I can find - hopefully I can record a video and post it up

So far this year we have had about 9” of snow. Yearly average is around 50” 🤷‍♂️

Any interest in a trade plus cash?

Appreciate the offer but I will pass! GLWS!

The snowstorm was a dud so the truck has been sitting for a week or so. I had to head west for work so instead of drvining the 2011 Chevy Pimpala I took the 80 out on the highway. Outside of a little wind from the North, the drive was great!

Last edited:
No idea! I haven’t measured it but I get a bit more miles per tank than I did before with the 3fe. BUT I can actually pass cars and not slow down going up hills!

Bump. I really don't want to sell this on BaT.

I'm even shopping for 4 post lifts to give me a bit more storage!

Make me an offer!

More context on my 'flip-flop' - I was offered a first edition land cruiser at MSRP. Expected to be available the end of May. I really like this 80 but having a new 250 and this 80 would have my wife really scratching her head. Hence why I'm shopping for a 4 post storage lift - I can't keep my cars outside where I live

Last edited:
Easy flight!

Took her out to a gravel road to exercise the three lockers - she worked great!
IMG_3633.jpeg

New LED overhead lights inside and license plate lights too. They work great!

Pending sale in TX

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom