SOLD NE PA 1991 FJ80 - L92/6l80E swapped, 3x Locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Montrose, Pennsylvania 18801 United States
Mileage
Color
silver
Reluctantly selling my 1991 FJ80 that has been LS swapped. It has an all aluminum GM L92 engine (403HP, 417lbft TQ) and 6L80E transmission swapped in from a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali donor. The build was completed in 2021 and has over $30K in parts alone invested. A spreadsheet of the build has been maintained that I will gladly share with any serious potential buyer. Every major component of this truck has been gone over in the last 40K miles. All the OEM gauges and lighting work properly and accurately. All windows and locks work - including the sunroof! The truck runs great, pulls like a locomotive, will cruise down the interstate at 70MPH turning 2,000 rpm, and climbs like a mountain goat off road.
This was built as a no-nonsense vehicle for long distance travel and camping in remote areas with reliability and capability in mind. It has made several trips out west and recently completed a 13K mile trip to NW Canada, the Arctic Ocean, Alaska, the PNW and back to PA. It is very reliable, comfortable, capable, and is an absolute blast to drive! The details and highlights will be listed below in bullet points, but I will gladly discuss the build and any particulars with serious buyers.

• 1991 FJ80 - Two tone silver / blue grey. 01/1991 build date. Chassis currently has 311,280 miles
  • 2007 GMC L92 and 6L80E transmission swapped into chassis at 267K miles (138k on drivetrain at the time of the swap) professionally tuned by Solid Tech in ABQ
    • Transmission professionally rebuilt with billet torque converter and new GM TCM at 273K
    • Custom 3" stainless 2 into 1 exhaust with SS Magnaflow muffler (sounds awesome)
  • Ron Davis Racing all aluminum radiator with built in trans cooler. Dual Spal electric fans controlled by GM ECU
  • Marks 4WD of Austrailia motor mounts and transmission adapter - 6L80E to Toyota HF2A transfer case
  • Marks part time transfer case kit installed at time of swap. AEV heavy duty lock out hubs. CDL now acts as 4X4 engagement switch
  • 1994 FZJ80 front and rear OEM Toyota locking axles with 4.10 gear sets. Low range off road stand alone switching
    • Front axle rebuilt and resealed at 267K. Rear rebuilt and resealed at 296K
  • OME 850 / 863 springs and Nitrocharger shocks installed at 267K
  • DELTA VS 3" castor correction arms and White Line HD rear sway bar at 271K
  • Steering box rebuild by RedHead Gear. All OEM seals and 105 series sector shaft installed 274K
  • 4 new Ironman 35x12.5X17 tires mounted on colormatched 1st gen Sequoia wheels at 297K
  • Trail Gear Rock Defense front bumper with custom top plates
  • Come Up Seal Gen2 9.5 wireless remote winch with synthetic rope
  • Trail Tailor custom rear bumper with dual swing outs. Spare tire and Hi-Lift on left, Triple Jerry can or Yeti Tundra 35 cooler on right
  • Trail Tailor Creeper cross member / skid plate custom assembled to accomodate GM transmission
  • White Knuckle Off Road DOM steel sliders
  • Procar Elite front seats and slide rails installed at 277K miles (allows for 3-4" more front leg room). Carhartt cotton canvas seat covers
  • Craft Customs recovered FJ80 steering wheel in black leather with baseball stitching
  • Redarc TowPro trailer brake module
  • EZ Connector 7 way RV magnetic trailer connector
  • 20 gallon Aux fuel tank and UHMW skid plate. Custom dual filler neck and Holley blue transfer pump. (gives 400+ miles of range)
  • Dakota Digital cruise control module linked to GM ECU
  • Dakota Digital tachometer interface for OEM tach
  • Rear quarter window gull wing doors with locking latches and gas struts
  • Spare L92 engine from 2008 Cadillac Esscalade (112K) with all accessories included with sale
**Vehicle will come with Toyota FSM and EWD with wiring pinouts for the swap. Also a stack of documentation from the swap, original front seats, and a bunch of spare parts.

This build was a real labor of love and no shortcuts were taken. All work (with the exception of the trans rebuild and tuning) was performed by myself and my son who is a professional welder. It is a solid, rust free, LS swapped 80 series that is stone reliable and will take you anywhere you want to go. The truck is currently registered in PA in a county that does not require emissions testing, so no idea if it will pass in your state. Only selling the truck as other projects are currently taking up all my time. Asking $27,500 OBO
IMG_20231023_162258043_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231023_162245671_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231023_162307230_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231023_162321415_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231023_162152950.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words @shmukster! It's been a terrific truck for us and a really fun project.

I too can vouch for the dude & his truck. It was a great trip and Stan’s 80 performed flawlessly.

Hmm

Last edited:
Sold.

Off to its new home. Happy to say it's going to Michigan with another Mud member! :cool:

So happy that this rig went to a fellow Cruiser enthusiast home! Enjoy and safe travels @RivMan !!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom