Nav update / Current version (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was told if an update to the 2020 maps was going to be released, it would be in December. I don't see a new one available.

Are these updates cumulative (include subsequent updates and fixes) or does Toyota require your purchase of each subsequent release? Anyone share their experience with update for the 2019 (21-37-19) and how long did it take to load?

New map comes out 12.15.21 - it's just a memory cards that pops in.

has anyone figured out how to update maps for 2011-2012 models?
It doesn't have SD card, its harddisk.
the service bulletin says, get the maps and use the special maps update tool or techstream with special key and nav update key to do the update.
If anyone knows how to update it with techstream if we can buy the new maps SDcard, let me know.

Are yall getting a deal on the map SDs or is everyone paying like 2-300 bucks?

the service bulletin says, get the maps and use the special maps update tool or techstream with special key and nav update key to do the update.
If anyone knows how to update it with techstream if we can buy the new maps SDcard, let me know.
I have a 2011 and I thought the only way to “update” it was to buy a new disk. The last one I bought was in 2015 From Toyotaparts.com for $172.00. I don’t even use the nav anymore, the phone is 1000 times better.

Just saw something on the 3G cellular network shutting down in 2022. 4G and 5G will be in place by then.
That means the software in LC's and LX's Lexus Enform from ( I think ) 2017 and later will be obsolete.

Last edited:
If you really want the updated maps just take it to the dealer. Newer map updates require a special USB key and a unique secure code which I believe is based on your VIN, in order to avoid people pirating copes. IIRC you have to basically pay for the privilege of creating the secure code regardless.

If it’s still a matter of 200-300 bucks I’m leaning towards a CarPlay unit.

And yes October 2022 3g blackout will end all enform for us and GX.

Thanks for the 3g blackout info. That makes no sense to invest or update a 2011 enform with latest maps.
I already have grom vline2 which give carplay in factory unit. I like it but there are some issues. When going on a long road trip, if kids want to watch factory dvd system, then the carplay and maps on it are not going to speak the directions. This is why I really like factory maps they way the directions come from front center speaker. (1st world problems :) )

Thanks for the 3g blackout info. That makes no sense to invest or update a 2011 enform with latest maps.
I already have grom vline2 which give carplay in factory unit. I like it but there are some issues. When going on a long road trip, if kids want to watch factory dvd system, then the carplay and maps on it are not going to speak the directions. This is why I really like factory maps they way the directions come from front center speaker. (1st world problems :) )

Your maps will work but none of the cellular features will. So no remote connect remote start and other live data. GPS is unaffected but essentially no more smart updates for anything.

Here is the official faq :

Also having trouble finding part numbers. They are not available on my usual search.

Here it is with a $42 discount so $168. I still think this should be free or near free. I would be more inclined to update the maps on my Garmin which works in other cars and overseas.

Anyone have the Lexus part #

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom