Nav to Non-Nav Conversion Walkthrough (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking to do this conversion for my 08 gx470. I have the ML sound system with nav. Already have compatible climate controls. I'm very interested in getting a wiring harness to make the swap.

TIA
Ok, i can make a harness for you

I have a limit on messages in PM, write to whatsapp +77082820333 Eldar

I have tried to look through the thread to understand, but if I am converting to non-nav and I have the ML amp, what adapter would I need for connecting the new head-unit itself to the amp? What I have seen in this thread is the following:

Beat-Sonic SLX-82AAD
or
PAC RP4.2-TY11

Would either work? Anything else I should consider?
I can’t say anything about these adapters for ML AMP because I haven’t tried them, usually on this site they buy the necessary things when replacing a stereo.

Would either work? Anything else I should consider?
Yes, the PAC RP4.2-TY11 would work. I used it to connect to the ML amp during my non-nav update with a Pioneer double-DIN headunit.

It even provided the parking brake and VSS signals needed for Android Auto in the headunit.

Eventually, I removed the PAC and the ML amp and upgraded to better aftermarket amplifiers and speakers.

Question, do I need both a pac and canbus option if ordering chinese unit, or is the pac same thing as the chinese canbus? Would chinese canbus also work with ML? Thanks!!! @binaryaudax

Last edited:
Is anyone aware of whether or not you can still keep the factory Mark Levinson speaker set up if you replace with an Alpine double din using this method? Thanks!!

Is anyone aware of whether or not you can still keep the factory Mark Levinson speaker set up if you replace with an Alpine double din using this method? Thanks!!
I don’t have an alpine. My Sony double din works great with the non-nav conversion and ML amp + speakers. Everything sounds so great that upgrading amp and speakers has fallen to the bottom of my to-do list.

I ordered from Crutchfield, and they handled all the adapters. So steering wheel controls work, and connecting to the amp was plug and play.

Ok, i can make a harness for you

I have a limit on messages in PM, write to whatsapp +77082820333 Eldar
Question for you. I bought a harness from you awhile back and everything worked great but my rear entertainment screen doesn’t work now. Is it possible to get that working again? Would you know what wires need to be connected. This is on a 2005 Lexus GX470.

Question for you. I bought a harness from you awhile back and everything worked great but my rear entertainment screen doesn’t work now. Is it possible to get that working again? Would you know what wires need to be connected. This is on a 2005 Lexus GX470.

The rear entertainment screen isn’t going to work once you remove the nav head unit.

I just bought a 2007 GX about 2 weeks ago and just learned about the non-nav conversion.

I'm very interested in doing this conversion also.
Looking to see if ZIDCONPRO has any more control panels for an '07 with the brackets, trim face and wiring harness for sell.
I will try using the WhatsApp.

P.S. I also want to utilize the ML amp and steering wheel controls. I have gone through this thread, and unsure if the Android Joying[sp?] Head unit is capable of doing Android Auto.

Thanks

Available 88650-60770, …771, …773

88650-60770
Production Date:
11/2002-10/2004
Replaced By:
88650-60B50

88650-60771
Amplifier Assy, Air Conditioner
Production Date:
11/2004-07/2005

88650-60773
Amplifier Assy, Air Conditioner
Production Date:
01/2006-08/2009

I also service the climate control buttons so that when the button is lightly pressed, there is good contact, most often the temperature control buttons and fan speed do not work well over time.
I have a 88650-60770 I am installing in my 04. Upon testing the controls, everything works except the fan speed button does not turn the fan up consistently. Works sometimes but not always. I suspect the contact under the button is dirty but unsure of how to service it. Can you provide any insight? Thanks in advance.

Yes.
There are 3 connector.
5 from one and one each from the other 2.
I even have to extend one more about 4-6" to be able to reach without stretching too much.

You also need to add a pin to wire to dash light. And potentially relocate one ground like post #33 above. I am not sold the green wire needing to be cut and reground somewhere else. I am still in process.

When splicing into the ashtray lights, instructions say to cut wire #27 of connector A15 and splice to "-" wire. Does this mean the existing wire in #27 is left cut and unused? Or do you do a 3 way splice and connect? I assume the existing wire is left unused but want to be sure before moving forward. Thanks

When splicing into the ashtray lights, instructions say to cut wire #27 of connector A15 and splice to "-" wire. Does this mean the existing wire in #27 is left cut and unused? Or do you do a 3 way splice and connect? I assume the existing wire is left unused but want to be sure before moving forward. Thanks
It's left cut. Just tape the other end to be save.

Completely new to GX and research the Nav-NonNav swap. Now, I know I just want to hire an expert. Any suggestions on who would be most experienced and willing to do this project? Located in Texas, but that could be worked out. TIA.

Was able to find the elusive 88650-60773 for my 09 Nav. Reached out to Eldar for his wiring harness set up. What are the difference between the newer brackets and the older brackets?

1. Internal Bracket – Right (see figure 1)
(Part # 86211-60170) for Production Date: 08/2003-08/2006
- or -
(Part # 86211-60180) for Production Date: 08/2006-
2. Internal Bracket – Left (see figure 1)
(Part # 86212-60170) for Production Date: 08/2003-08/2006
- or -
(Part # 86212-60180) for Production Date: 08/2006

I can find the older ones but not the newer ones.

Last edited:
Was able to find the elusive 88650-60773 for my 09 Nav. Reached out to Eldar for his wiring harness set up. What are the difference between the newer brackets and the older brackets?

1. Internal Bracket – Right (see figure 1)
(Part # 86211-60170) for Production Date: 08/2003-08/2006
- or -
(Part # 86211-60180) for Production Date: 08/2006-
2. Internal Bracket – Left (see figure 1)
(Part # 86212-60170) for Production Date: 08/2003-08/2006
- or -
(Part # 86212-60180) for Production Date: 08/2006

I can find the older ones but not the newer ones.

Not sure. I ordered 86211-60110 & 86212-60110 from AutoPartsPrime and they worked perfectly in my 04.

Anybody heard from Eldar recently? Trying to get a harness from him but he hasn't been on mud for a couple weeks and hasn't responded to my What'sapp I send?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom