Nav to Non-Nav Conversion Walkthrough (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anybody heard from Eldar recently? Trying to get a harness from him but he hasn't been on mud for a couple weeks and hasn't responded to my What'sapp I send?
I am new on here, so I tread lightly when it came to him. However, I have sent him numerous messages asking for parts. No response. After several follow ups, he replied about three weeks ago that he was on vacation. Messaged him several times since. No response.

He must be on a serious holiday. Wish it was me instead. No worries, if he gets back before I get started on my conversion great. If not, it looks like I'm extending wires.

I haven't heard back from him in quite a while. I asked for a harness around December and checked in a few times but last WhatsApp response was around middle of March. Nothing since, with me trying a few times since then.

I haven't heard back from him in quite a while. I asked for a harness around December and checked in a few times but last WhatsApp response was around middle of March. Nothing since, with me trying a few times since then.
I think he is back now as he is shipping out my harness now. Thank you again ZIDCONPRO! My GX is looking forward to the conversion.

If everything works out, I will be the next person to attempt this conversion. My GX is an '08 with a date code of 11/07 and I have found an HVAC unit that ends in 773. I haven't made any decisions about head-unit or anything else really. The availability of the 773 unit was step 1.

This dash unit is coming from a crashed GX and the pictures show a complete and undamaged GX which is a 2007 model. How much should I try to get from the dash? Unit and brackets for sure but should I ask for some wiring harnesses too?

You can buy a harness from Eldar or you can extend the wires manually. Or I suppose you could build a harness if you’re clever. If you were to build a harness I’d ask for the male connectors and attached wires but I really don’t know, maybe look at pictures of the harness and figure it out? I have everything purchased for my 2008 except the head unit, I really can’t make up my mind.

I have a 2009 GX470 with a mfd date code of 08/08. I am interested in purchasing HVAC controls and the wiring harness. Do you
have this currently available? Thank you!

Attempting this conversion today, anyone know what I set volume to before I turn off vehicle to begin? I know I need to set equalizer and balance all to default. I have all necessary parts including a harness from Eldar, but not much in terms of install guides…thanks.

Attempting this conversion today, anyone know what I set volume to before I turn off vehicle to begin? I know I need to set equalizer and balance all to default. I have all necessary parts including a harness from Eldar, but not much in terms of install guides…thanks.
How did it go? I’m looking to do this to my 05 as soon as I can source the parts. Hoping Eldar comes through

How did it go? I’m looking to do this to my 05 as soon as I can source the parts. Hoping Eldar comes through
It went well. eldar’s harness was definitely necessary for me. It took awhile but I emailed him after a few months and he updated me. He makes a great product that is worth the wait. I absolutely love the Joying stereo and this was probably the best mod I’ve done to the gx. Sucky job even with harness but sooooo worth it.

I believe this is part number for 2005, 88650-60770. There are a bunch on eBay right now and some include the metal brackets.

I just picked up a one owner, garage kept 06 GX for $3k with 300K miles on it. It's clean and straight, but it needs a few things unrelated to this thread. I figured that I would start sourcing the parts needed for this swap. I don't care for the nav system and the radio speakers aren't in the best of shape, so this conversion makes sense to me. I'm having one hell of a time finding the later AC panel. I did find one from an 09 in another country, so it reads in celsius.

I can comprehend both readings of measurement, so that's not an issue for me. My question is will it work in my American market GX?

379630801_621103550214672_5065517043610935698_n.jpg

I just picked up a one owner, garage kept 06 GX for $3k with 300K miles on it. It's clean and straight, but it needs a few things unrelated to this thread. I figured that I would start sourcing the parts needed for this swap. I don't care for the nav system and the radio speakers aren't in the best of shape, so this conversion makes sense to me. I'm having one hell of a time finding the later AC panel. I did find one from an 09 in another country, so it reads in celsius.

I can comprehend both readings of measurement, so that's not an issue for me. My question is will it work in my American market GX?

View attachment 3439131
I am not positive, but I thought 2006 takes part number 88650-60771? There are a few of these available on eBay right now. If you need 88650-60773 then it’s harder to find. It might depend on when your gx was made in 2006? Hopefully someone on this thread knows for certain!

I am not positive, but I thought 2006 takes part number 88650-60771? There are a few of these available on eBay right now. If you need 88650-60773 then it’s harder to find. It might depend on when your gx was made in 2006? Hopefully someone on this thread knows for certain!
My production date is 5/06, so according to the chart below, it should be the 88650-60773. I'm looking at right under $400 shipped to get an 09 Prado climate control panel and fascia, but no radio brackets or harness plugs. I've gone through wire diagrams and have been searching the net till I was seeing double.
I'm going to try to make a decision on this by tomorrow mid day.

"
Below are the OEM Lexus part numbers for the non-nav climate controls, listed by production year... (I lifted this directly from @theferg post below... he is also a great resource for this conversion!). It is essential that you get the right part number, otherwise the controls won't work properly.
88650-60770 (11/2002 - 10/2004) (folks have also seen an 88650-60B50 for these years as well)
88650-60771 (11/2004 - 07/2005)
88650-60772 (08/2005 - 12/2005)
88650-60773 (01/2006 - 07/2009)"

Well I pulled the trigger. I should have the panel assembly in around 2 weeks. I have been doing internet commerce for a little over 20yrs and for some reason I forgot about the currency conversion. My bill came out to be $265 US for this. Not bad at all. I hope it makes it here in the same shape and I hope it works. LOL
1695616496761.jpeg
1695616373337.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom