My New T100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to introduce my 1997 T100. It is a 1997 with the 5 speed and 3.4 liter engine. I've had it for about 6 months. I got it with 245,000 miles on it, and have put another 5,000 on it. I've done some preventative maintenance - changed fluids, new optima battery - but that is it. I got it to go camping and sort of a mild expedition type rig. I built a platform and drawer for the back. I have been really happy with it so far and think the T is an under-appreciated platform.
Truck 1.jpg
Truck 2.jpg
Truck 3.JPG

A few more pics

Here are a few more pictures. I guess I will also have to update my sig line.
Truck 4.JPG
Truck 5.JPG

Looks good, I almost picked one up a few months ago but decided it would be a pain with the kids getting in and out at school. I like the T100 over the Tundras.

nice, I loved my old T100 but without the access cab getting my kids in and out would be tough.

congrats, those 3.4s are sweet.

Congrats... I always liked the T100's and thought about buying one at one point. There suppose to be pretty rock solid.

Good. I see the posting of pictures was successful.

No mention of the CV replacement?

Dan

I was trying to keep that quiet so that I can claim to be doing more work on it later. I will have to do the other one in the next couple of weeks.

I have been really happy with it. I looked at some Tundras and liked the access cab but that was the only advantage over the T. I like the drive line, don't tow anything, but wanted a little bit more room for road trips for me and the :princess: and the dogs than the 3rd gen or Taco has. No kids, but one of my dogs does have a hard time getting into the back seat. If I had an access cab I would not be able to laugh at him flopping over the seat.

Nice score, I wheel the piss out of my stocker (forest trails anyways) and it's never left me stranded. very capable right out of the box, Im always surprised. Not to many T owners here good to see another, Happy Trails:cheers:

Nice T100.
I had a friend back in my youth whose dad had one when they first came out, it was an impressive rig. I kind of still wish Toyota had keep the T100 moniker instead of Tundra, but that's just me.

Nice truck. I had a 96 several years ago that was great on and offload. Buried the thing in mud, jumped it, and drove from Mass to Oregon and never once had a problem. Enjoy!

Nice rig! I agree, the T100 is a sleeper. I really think a set of those wheels would look good on my 2000 Tacoma. Time to start searching...

Adventure Copan said:
Congrats... I always liked the T100's and thought about buying one at one point. There suppose to be pretty rock solid.

I can vouch that they are safe in a crash. I rear-ended a car I was running 55 they were stopped, stupid teenage moment. I drove the truck home all lights worked, and everything. Did bend the front cross member. Super solid truck with ample power.

I was rear ended in my T-100. A camaro didn't stop for the light the rest of us were stopped for. She went under the bed and hit the diff hard enough to bend the springs into "S"es. The T-100 survived. In fact it was one of those accident magnets. The bed got hit on three different occasions in 3 years and replaced each time. Kinda glad it was a lease.

It was a good truck. It was entirely different than the Tundra I have now. Not really anything to compare. It was more of a big mini-truck vs. the Tundra that's a Toyota version of a big 3 truck. Both good for different things.

Always liked the T100, sweet rig :cheers:

Sweet truck! Just purchased one today! 1996 Ext Cab. What size tires are on your truck?

The tires are 265 x 70 on a 16 inch rim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom