T100 Bent Frame? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I was just looking at my alignment and I pulled the ol' string method to see what the tow and camber looked like. It appears that the frame is bent, but before I get bent out of shape I wanted to see if anyone has some useful input for me. I've had this thing aligned several times over the years and no one has ever mentioned anything about it being so far off. I'm hoping I'm wrong.
The strings in the picture are leveled on the rear wheel.

PXL_20230731_230514283.jpg

PXL_20230731_230440681.jpg

I had planned on performing a solid axle swap with an 80 series front axle, but now I'm not sure I if it's worth the effort.

Take the current truck with the stock suspension to a reputable frame shop and have them pull the frame back into spec if your concerned… before you try to link the front or leaf spring it..

I had a T-100 for almost 12 years and always wanted to put an 80 series front axle under the front..do it!

The only true way to measure a frame is off the factory holes in the side of the frame with the frame machine bars up on the frame rack while measuring the cross points on the frame. If that don’t make sense take it to a reputable shop.. your rear leaf spring mounts and crap bushings could be throwing you string line off for instance…

The only true way to measure a frame is off the factory holes in the side of the frame with the frame machine bars up on the frame rack while measuring the cross points on the frame. If that don’t make sense take it to a reputable shop.. your rear leaf spring mounts and crap bushings could be throwing you string line off for instance…
this.

I don't think a string touching the tires tells you anything about the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom