My New FJ60...Quick resto with pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

235/75/15 I would like lift and use 33x10.5

Congrats on the child and nice work on the 60. Since my 60 has gotten pressed into dd service I am collecting the pieces to take the lift off of mine and go from 33s down to 30s or 235s to improve that 12 mpg.

Would u sell lift? What lift ? And thank you. Up a lot last night will crying newborn. Omg. Lil.
Congrats on the child and nice work on the 60. Since my 60 has gotten pressed into dd service I am collecting the pieces to take the lift off of mine and go from 33s down to 30s or 235s to improve that 12 mpg.

update pics

UPDATE> Rear cargo updated. Check out the before and after. Cheap home depot carpet..works like a charm everytime.

IMAG0957.jpg

another different pic...my 74 mercedes slc450 coupe. The next paint job.

It always great to see somebody's efforts to restore. Very nice. Good idea on cheap cargo carpet. I'm about to do the same.

just did my exhaust....well enough of it so it doesnt smell or rattle. almost done. just need a lift still.

I ended up ordering long AAL for each spring pack. I'm going to see how it rides and go from there. I will post before and after pics when I get them in.

The truck was painted previous of my paint job and someone filled in the rain gutter with duraglass and skimmed the rust. I use a red cookie to get off all the heavy rust. I sprayed the crap out of it with marhyde rust stuff...I filled the large spots with fiberglass sheeting and resin for a structure for the duraglass to be spread on. Sand with a nuematic flatboard sander. Not the best way to fix it but it came out great. I leave the truck indoors so we'll see how lond it lasts. This was a budget cruiser for fun. Only spent a total of $3500 including the truck.
Nice job.
May I ask how you repaired the roof rust?
I have the same issues with mine.

great job,
I just got my first fj60 and it is a bit rough but makes me feel better seeing that yours was worse and came out well. Mine is also red and has one rust spot on rear qrt behind wheel, and a few poor bondo jobs on it. Hope mine looks as good as yours someday. In the mean time i need a valve job and cat to put on first.

UPDATE with pics

Her are some pics of the only thing I've done since the rebuilt, repaint, and too many hrs. of labor. common right.. Manafree long AAL in the rear. Leveled it off a bit. I am happy with it. A bit bigger tire would be ideal I think..? Now 235/75/15
Before AAL
IMAG1097.jpg
After AAL
fj60after1.jpg

Scrowley. 1500 is alot for the OME lift but it is worth every penny! awesome ride good height and good flex.

yup, thanks again.
Looks great, Scott. Glad that engine worked out well for you.

Not many other options. No SOA for me. My last one I did that and it wasnt that streetable. I see you have chevy rears. I did that in my last 85 runner. Very easy install but more time for sure. At this point I like the truck how it is but lift is in the future.
Scrowley. 1500 is alot for the OME lift but it is worth every penny! awesome ride good height and good flex.

yup, thanks again.

Not many other options. No SOA for me. My last one I did that and it wasnt that streetable. I see you have chevy rears. I did that in my last 85 runner. Very easy install but more time for sure. At this point I like the truck how it is but lift is in the future.
Yes I love the Cheby springs!! MY only complaint is the overloads sneak out when flexing but nothin a couple spring clamps cant fix :) but it is alot of work!

X2 on the 60 and the baby. Great job!

What do you have covering your wheel wells inside? Mine are bear and looking for some cheap ideas/

nothing. Just all painted black.
What do you have covering your wheel wells inside? Mine are bear and looking for some cheap ideas/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom