My new brake upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What do you folks think I should do assuming the vendor doesn't send me a replacement set? Do I go with the same? The rear Cryo rotors are fine. Should I stick with the same setup in the front? Should I go with the non-Cryo version of the Centric/Stoptech rotors in the front with the same kevlar pads? Please advise.
1620998551725.png

Stock factory brakes work well, are high quality parts, durable and very reasonably priced.

Although a tad dusty, my preferred setup is tundra TRD pads and stock rotors.

I run aftermarket brake parts on my car, but they are the same or better quality for less money than factory parts. I don’t think that same opportunity exists for the land cruiser.

Stock factory brakes work well, are high quality parts, durable and very reasonably priced.

I run aftermarket brake parts on my car, but they are the same or better quality for less money than factory parts. I don’t think that same opportunity exists for the land cruiser.
This exactly.

Is there any issue with using different rotors in the front vs. rear? I have the TRD pads on the rear and on the front. But the rear have the Cryo treated StopTech rotors. Is there any issue with using the OEM rotors with TRD pads in the front?

I did the following and are super happy with the results. There are some other things to consider in this thread too.

Is there any issue with using different rotors in the front vs. rear? I have the TRD pads on the rear and on the front. But the rear have the Cryo treated StopTech rotors. Is there any issue with using the OEM rotors with TRD pads in the front?

No issue that I know of. That is what I did.

I bought both front and rear TRD pads when they were 40% off.. then used the front right away, but didn't use the rear until the rear pads had worn down.

Now both wheels get really dusty.;

Another update here. My vendor sent me replacement rotors and pads back in May. 3 months later and I'm getting the brake shudder again. I'm going back to the stock setup. I confirmed that I have no issues with brake drag. It seems to be the way the kevlar pads are transferring onto the rotors. I loved the stopping power when I first had them installed, but this trouble simply isn't worth it. My mechanic offered to do all the labor for free only if I purchased OEM parts. I could try getting the rotors resurfaced and trying to do a better job bedding them in, but not worth the trouble and resurfacing costs a pretty penny. What a PITA. You live and you learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom