Builds My GCC Spec FZJ80 - Restoration and 1HD-FTE Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1FZ is out! Pretty easy job, I'd say 7 hours total from beginning to end. With the help of @veiloctane of course!

1fz1.jpg

1fz2.jpg

1fz4.jpg

1fz5.jpg

This is going to be so awesome and glad to see its getting the love finally. I'd love a LHD manual 80 and maybe one day I'll make it happen.

Awesome work! You wouldn't happen to have any leads on a manual transmission front console would ya I've been looking everywhere for one with no luck.
Thanks
Tommy

Awesome work! You wouldn't happen to have any leads on a manual transmission front console would ya I've been looking everywhere for one with no luck.
Thanks
Tommy

Sorry buddy, those are tough to come by.

The tear down continues…

Once we get far enough into the truck, I’ll send it to the body shop for various work. Lots of new OEM goodies to be installed to make this thing look new. Along with various additional welded capture nuts I’ll need for FTE components (like the pedal and intercooler piping).

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2338.jpeg

IMG_2337.jpeg

IMG_2332.jpeg

Got some work done on the doors.

All new OEM everything including window run, window seal, clips and grommets, new plastic vapour barrier, new door handle, new lock actuator and door hinge…

IMG_2210.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

One down, three to go!

I recently went to Saudi Arabia for a quick trip to visit my folks. They might be retiring next year so it was very likely my last time visiting my childhood home. Bittersweet to say the least.

But in good news, I got to check out the OEM/NOS parts I stockpiled back in 2020. Very nice.

parts1.jpg

parts2.jpg

parts4.jpg

parts3.jpg

And a bonus NOS part I picked up for my buddy @veiloctane.

parts5.jpg

Today was interesting... first time rebuilding the factory cool box. It was quite the jigsaw puzzle but I figured it out eventually.

fridge1.jpg

I bought a new OEM evaporator core and expansion valve. Really neat that the evap comes with a little container of compressor oil.

fridge2.jpg

Cleaned up all the parts and started assembling. I ended up using some of the extra OEM A/C o-rings I had kicking around from my 100 resto. The o-rings seemed to be the same.

fridge3.jpg

Lots of new insulation that I bought from Amazon. Really finished off the factory look. Big challenge will be the seal at the floor. I only put foam seal on each half of the retainer brackets at the bottom and completely forgot that there needs to be ONE seal to keep dust/weather coming in through the floor. WHOOPS. :doh:

fridge4.jpg

fridge 5.jpg

nickys got a nice clean box!! looks awsome!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom