Builds My Build Thread for "Lex Luthor" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yodaTEQ

Design,Build,EXPLORE
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
yodateq.com
Before I start my build thread I thought I would share some pics of how it all started.

On January 23rd and already looking to buy a locked 80 I went 4 wheeling with some friends and we did 2N47 Cleghorn.

DSC02636.jpg
DSC02652.jpg
DSC02655.jpg

Mark's Locked 1995 FZJ80 performed great!

He let me drive it and I have to say I was impressed. I was a bit nervous driving another man’s rig especially on this part of the trail.

Needless to say I was HOOKED!!! I needed to get one of these
DSC02724.jpg

Last edited:
On February 4th went to Gilbert AZ to visit friends and to buy "Lex" from Prescott Valley AZ.

IMG00700-20110205-1503.jpg

So I came home on Super Bowl Sunday and had to show my friend Mark. Talk about what a difference. My 80 looked like a pancake
Frank and Mark.jpg

Changed all fluids and belts

On the way home from AZ the check engine light came on. Changed the EGR valve and took it to get smogged. After 2 trys and a timing adjustment, IT PASSED!!!

Took it to my friend's ranch in Apple Valley for a shake down and it preformed great.
DSC02801.jpg

A couple more shake down trips, one to Big Bear and one to Glamis towing my M101CND Trailer with no problems.
DSC02876.jpg

Now it was time to start spending some money on goodies. When the UPS truck would drive up it was like Christmas.

Front Coils OME 2850J
Rear Coils OME 2863J
Shocks 60070L 60071L
Steering Damper
Brake lines
Spacers
Caster Bracket
Front Bump Stops
Double Cardan driveshaft
DSC03162.jpg

Nice Cruiser! How's the beam pattern on those projectors?

Man that thing is beautiful. How much total lift did you see from the springs?

would love to see a side shot. good looking rig

Last edited:
More shots of the lift

The wiring on the truck was not working and it had been chewed up from dragging on the ground. I purchased a direct replacement from my local O'Riley's (Hopkins 43405 LiteMate Vehicle to Trailer Wiring Kit)
IMG00892-20110314-1716.jpg
IMG00887-20110314-1711.jpg
DSC03185.jpg

Now it was time to start spending some money on goodies. When the UPS truck would drive up it was like Christmas.

We call that guy Brown Santa. Rig looks very nice. I remember when mine was shiny.

Thanks Bluetribal for the Floppy Visor Fix

My wife is very happy I did this FIX (But remember to use thicker screws)

Nice glad it helped out, I used mine until I could get a replacement visor from a parted out rig. And when this replacement gives out I will put the modified one back in.
Yeah I bumped up the bolt size twice when doing the mod.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom