STOLEN My 80 series was stolen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

never been to Australia...but i guess u know the main chop shops, junkyards, crossings, ferries etc....just take a day and drive around (armed if possible)....who knows, maybe u will see it somewhere.

i really do hope that you find it....it is one of the rigs i downloaded images of to get inspiration.

It's not like that here either it will be used in a robbery and then burned out or it's in a shipping container for parts over seas

Well it has been nearly 4weeks since my landcruiser was stolen so the insurance company has said it is a write off and has paid me out 13500$ for the cruiser and $500 for personal belongings that were in the vehicle so I have officially lost close to $12000 for the vehicle and about $2000 for tools and other gear I had in the back of it all of the lose is due to small print in the insurance but I suppose that's how the insurance company's get you

Chappo,

I was just going through something similar with my truck. It wasn't stolen but an accident meant that the insurance company almost totaled it for 1/3 of its value. In my thread I let everyone know that has an 80 they have put significant time and money into to call their insurance company and try and get it appraised and an agreed upon value for the policy. Sorry to hear about your truck!

Sorry to hear that mate. That really, really sucks.
Yeap! Insurance co's everywhere approach the “value” of the insured asset based on the “age” of the vehicle. That's it: where their liability is the lowest. Never mind that an enthusiast or educated buyer could value, and pay, 3 or 4 times the value claimed by the insurance...so much for the “market value”....
I very much doubt your truck has been destroyed (way, way too good for that). Most likely, it has been trucked away in a container to the nearest sea port and then “exported” to places where it can provide many years of service; these robbers are criminals & SOB's...but aren't idiots. Just ask the local PD whether this type of incident is frequent

All the best for your new project!

Cheers!

Yeah it's pretty s***ty but I will just move on to bigger and better thing when I can

In the Richmond area in 4weeks 56cars have been stolen in the Richmond Penrith area there have been 176 cars stolen in 4weeks so there is a gang in town looking for cars and sending them over seas as the cops haven't found one I them and I live in a good area as the local papers would only report maybe one stolen car in six months but 56in 4weeks there's definitely some sort of crime wave happening

We had a 83 Mercedes stolen a few years back...went searching and found it...went to get the police ...turns out they were part of it...had to round up our own gang...lock n load and get it back by force...the police then held on to it for "forensic" bull....couple of days later..no battery, spare or tools....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom