Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just received my "refurbished" dome light from Rob Smith. WOW! I can't believe how good my light turned out!! He supplied a new lens cover because the original one was broken (as most of them are). The internals are his own design. I can't believe how good the original base turned out. I was going to wait and install the light during the rebuild of my truck, but I can't wait to see how this bad boy works! I'm installing it tomorrow if all goes well. If anyone needs of their units rebuilt check out his add in the "Small Business" listings of the "Classified" section.

45 dome light.jpg Dome light 2.jpg Dome light 1.jpg

So you're asking for "a little less talk and a lot more action"?! Here ya go Charles........

IMG_0279.JPG IMG_0282.JPG IMG_0291.JPG

So it looks like my 12HT might be arriving in Dallas on 12/15. I guess Roma and I will be making a Canon Ball Run to north Dallas just before Christmas. Then I can spend my holiday installing my new (to me) engine! :clap:

Hi Dan,
I do still have the bed. You can see my add in the 45 for sale section. But is located in Huntsville Al. A good distance from you. We have spoken before about the UCH I have for sale.

Michael<><

A Christmas miracle!

On Monday of this week I received a message from Joe K. that his containers had been flagged for "an extensive exam" and that it would be a few more weeks before they were released. This was after we had tentatively expected them the be released on the 15th of this month.

I was disappointed of course but I was concerned for Joe as this would surely lead to more "fees" than normal for him.

But yesterday Joe sent me a message saying for some reason they had decided to change the status of his containers over night and that my engine was in the back of his trailer headed to his shop. He said I needed to call to discuss a pick up time.

So Saturday Roma and I will be heading to Texas!

It's difficult to believe after months of planning, working and waiting that I'm just days away from having my hands on it at last!!

I'll try to post along the way but it will be a quick trip there and back.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!!!

Time to do the Willie Nelson!
"On the road again..."

Roma and I departed at 2:15 pm heading for Dallas with a stop in Ozark MO to pick up a pair of axles for Tucker.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Have a safe trip!

So most of our trip out looked like this. Yes riding in a cab over it was that blurry! The rain started about 9:00 PM and we arrived in Ozark MO at midnight to load a pair of nice cable locked 60 axles, courtesy of Steve Jackson. By the time we arrived in MO the rain was heavy and the temperature had drop more than expected. (Steve thanks for having the axles indoors where we could load them in the dry) There were also reports of tornadoes on the ground in Dallas, our next stop! The weather had apparently not listened to the weather man.

Trip pic 3.jpg
Trip pic 4.jpg
Trip pic 5.jpg

On to our next stop north of Dallas at Joe Katana's shop. We arrived there a little before 8:00 AM, cold, wet and bleary eyed. We loaded up the crate and Roma's engine hoist with time for a hot cup of coffee from our gracious host and were back on the road before 10:00. Most of our trip home looked like this.

Then it was time for a little "Smokey and the Bandit" theme music...

East bound and down
Loaded up and truckin'...

Trip pic 1.jpg
Trip pic 6.jpg

Last edited:
We finally arrived home at 9:00 PM worn out and looking for a hot meal and a bed! We had been traveling for 30 hours and 45 mins, with most of that time in the rain. But the end result was worth it! The pictures below are from this morning after 10 hours of sleep.

Trip pic 7.jpg
12HT on the pallet 1.jpg
12HT uncrated 1.jpg

Tomorrow we start the engine swap! I would like to thank those that made this possible. First thanks to Mark @troopie for selling me an awesome 12HT! Second thanks to Joe Katana for providing safe and secure shipping from across the pond. Most of all I want to thank Roma for his counsel during the decision process of buying this engine, the use of his truck and riding over 30 hours with me to retrieve it.

I know how you feel greatly excited finally getting your new toy. I am putting a Mercedes diesel 606 in my 45. Just got it from the UK. Fun importing stuff and the huge learning curve that was involved getting it through customs. Will be looking for your story pics. Best

Thanks Skip! I sort of missed out on the customs circus. I was fortunate enough to have Joe handle all of that.

Good to finally see it at it's destination!
Looks like it was quite a trip to pick it up...

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom