Mustard Yellow FJ45 Build - My First FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, everyone. I'm new-ish to the forum, just having acquired my FJ45 2 months ago. I've always admired FJ40s, and considered it a dream vehicle of mine, but was more of a BMW car guy at heart. I've owned an E39 M5, 2 x E30s, and a Z3 Coupe (regret selling this). I still own a 1990 325is, but it is up north, and I spend most of my year down south. I got the itch for a new project / fun car and started looking into FJ43s. After 2 failed purchases of 43s, I stumbled upon the 45s and fell in love. I'd never seen them before. I searched for a few months and came across a Venezuelan born Fj45 in Mustard Yellow. I had it shipped in from Texas. It was restored in South America and has the original 2F engine and frame.

This isn't a major build thread but, moreso, making my dream truck everything I'd want it to be. I had to fix a few shoddy things since acquiring it (wiring, brakes, misc.). Surprisingly, most are to blame on the neglect or deceit of the dealer that sold me it as apposed to the restoration. The rear brakes literally fell off the caliper brackets when I was driving it and the dealer claimed "old truck". Anyway, she runs great and safe now. Everything on the truck works.

My to do list is:
1) New suspension bushings for the 2" OME lift that is currently on it
2) Re-sealing the power steering pump and gear box
3) Adding mud-flaps
4) Replacing door seals
5) Changing fluids
6) Antique White OEM wheels
7) Custom upholstery for seats and floor mats (thinking tweed centers and leather outers)

To date I have:
1) Custom Retro Sound stereo install (detailed pics to come)
2) Fixed sketchy accessory wiring
3) Added bumper mount fog lamps (wired as DRLs)
4) Built custom Jerry Can mount (pics to come)
5) Painted grille surround Antique White
6) Added tailgate chains

I'll be updating this thread with detailed pics of my progress and documenting my curiosities of creating my dream truck.

2022-05-11_0001.jpg

2022-05-11_0002.jpg

2022-05-11_0003.jpg

2022-05-11_0004.jpg

2022-05-11_0005.jpg

Congrats! On a nice looking rig.
I would keep on with the mechanical till it is spot on. Baseline the truck and make sure everything mechanical is up too part.
Don’t leave no stone unturned.

You basically need to plan on budgeting for everything mechanical being replaced as the hidden Venezuelan issues pop up.

Keep it covered too because rain will likely bring up the issues in the body they covered with Bondo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom