Must have CHEAP mods to 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of tinting the windows. I'm afraid of getting a ticket if I tint the windshield, but I would really like to have at least a nice fat strip on the top of the windshield because I commute to work into the sun going east, with the sun shining into my eyeballs and onto my hands, which become quickly sunburnt in the summer, and by the time I commute back home, I'm going west and the sun's back at it again. What's a good option for tinting the top of the windshield? I think I want to go an inch or two lower than that AS1 mark. I'm not keen on the percentages of tint, what's a good option?

I would suggest a static cling limo tint thingy... it is like a sheet of paper sized tint panel that you move to block out the intense sun. If my commute had that much sun, I'd think it is a safety thing- so I'd buy what creates more safety. Tickets for tint are few and far between, with that much light flooding the car, I'd doubt you'd be hassled for it. If you do get hassled, explain your realities to the officer, most cops (despite our current media frenzied smear campaign) are really good folks who aren't looking to bust you just 'cause.

It looks like the 1998 Land Cruiser used 9006 (low beam) and 9005 (high beam) bulbs, so yes, they will work on a 1998. Just buy a 9012 HIR bulb for your low beams and/or a 9011 bulb for your high beams. They sell Phillips HIRs on Amazon.
are they really a big improvement?

Mud Flap Eliminators $40 shipped in the USA
Mud Flap Eliminators - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

side.JPG

backlowclose.JPG

Wife approved!

neEaQVlflvzJConeeoFaYCH7y9dkIwnvW4aSvltE2TCrI47yLofoeX4lVtOflMIuPQmd3PrwwcRiIgP8HgnzUd5mCdivnPQgmMWyfBiRjLl4vmy0SVgPTg53ORj9ZM82mIEhinUj_QjiTgT3bZDbIYH3joSlRMGWBxRo5Ee9JpsPZibkq6LRcdQpyaBOoQhUFgGUlqJ-T4-depx5INij0eTFJUjSXoTT_g9kIhXY50FXMJJn6TycYlpxXtwmtu-c7lYVs2y1tH96jhJI_YPDeGg0b8P716FHJEPlSjjoMOE6PraFtbpFAgwX2yeSouKsYSJSJ_lau6zUFr_AxNb2O4f05ubWESi6jnZd14tiunQ-0voELam9ZOUB-Y37YRLJdptUNHBIRvUEXXFaDPuBm7ifzzro9v-6rLNkNUnHn-R0RnY6F1RWJrr26HShnXMIiEza_jDGRsvIzUmiWQoWAeWfXlK-1E_5KHMvuWtuFA6FNrW_7IJic6wneZukj9MfEpbG_jJy-vErgsdXU5NvR4lUBwljqhGAOKbw71strC2n_OMYzysrTfIj1Pbh7wyoQ-dW45bb1GYNjH2IsOLc-J8SNQ7hwXe6aHVJc3Wc=w1344-h896-no
Just picked up a set of these as a stop-gap until I get a rear bumper (may not be for a year or so, higher priorities). For those that have black undercarriages, what's probably the best rattle can for getting these black? Just your standard Rust-Oleum general purpose spray?

Reactions: Dox
Just picked up a set of these as a stop-gap until I get a rear bumper (may not be for a year or so, higher priorities). For those that have black undercarriages, what's probably the best rattle can for getting these black? Just your standard Rust-Oleum general purpose spray?

I have good results with Rustolem texture black

Do you know what size torx to remove the existing, tried a 20 this morning and it was too small?

Interesting....I have installed flaps on several years both LC and LX and they all use a combination 10mm/Phillips fasteners never a torx. :meh:

Not a mod but a lot of guys find our Jack Adapter a nice low cost accessory if you dont have a floor jack at home or have friend that breaks on the trail.
I couldn't help but notice the attic racks on that site. Do you happen to know if those block any visibility out of your rear window?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom