Must have CHEAP mods to 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which headlight bulbs, I have 2000 LX470 my low beams are horrible and my fog lights are kinda dim too. Brights are fine.

Make sure they are HIR. HIR are without a doubt the best headlight mod that you can get without going to HID.

9011 HIR is a replacement for a stock 9005
9012 HIR is a replacement for a stock 9006

They about double the price of a standard bulb, but the put out almost double the lumens (light measurement unit) of a stock halogen. Why more USA vehicles don't use HIR is beyond me. HIR are used more often in Europe. They have a special coating on the bulb designed to reflect IR light back to the filament which somehow causes it to burn more brightly? The science is quite interesting.

Oh one more item to mention is that HIR low beams last about as long as a normal low beam, but the high beams don't last as long as the stock version. I never cared about this because once you use them, you will understand. Most likely you will need to adjust your headlights down a bit they can be so bright.

How's the fit of these? I read some people complaining that they dont fit well in it he 100 series. Are there any options other than weather tech?

Fit is "ok" I had to use a heat gun to "help" mine just a little. Additionally, I attached some clear "toothy" sheeting under mine to keep them from sliding....a $3, .00001 banana job from Home Depot. LOVE them now.

LED interior lighting (tried Pfran, too blue)
Bluetooth streaming kit.
Speaker swap.
DRL delete.
Weathertech mats.
1" spacer and tbar crank lift.
AT tires
Clear turn signals (i came from an e36 M3 where you'd buy clears and a drop, i did clears and a lift)
Wheel lock removal (they break when you need them the most)
T pipe replacement.
Fluid flushes front center and rear.

Mud Flap Eliminators $40 shipped in the USA
Mud Flap Eliminators - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

side.JPG

backlowclose.JPG

Wife approved!

neEaQVlflvzJConeeoFaYCH7y9dkIwnvW4aSvltE2TCrI47yLofoeX4lVtOflMIuPQmd3PrwwcRiIgP8HgnzUd5mCdivnPQgmMWyfBiRjLl4vmy0SVgPTg53ORj9ZM82mIEhinUj_QjiTgT3bZDbIYH3joSlRMGWBxRo5Ee9JpsPZibkq6LRcdQpyaBOoQhUFgGUlqJ-T4-depx5INij0eTFJUjSXoTT_g9kIhXY50FXMJJn6TycYlpxXtwmtu-c7lYVs2y1tH96jhJI_YPDeGg0b8P716FHJEPlSjjoMOE6PraFtbpFAgwX2yeSouKsYSJSJ_lau6zUFr_AxNb2O4f05ubWESi6jnZd14tiunQ-0voELam9ZOUB-Y37YRLJdptUNHBIRvUEXXFaDPuBm7ifzzro9v-6rLNkNUnHn-R0RnY6F1RWJrr26HShnXMIiEza_jDGRsvIzUmiWQoWAeWfXlK-1E_5KHMvuWtuFA6FNrW_7IJic6wneZukj9MfEpbG_jJy-vErgsdXU5NvR4lUBwljqhGAOKbw71strC2n_OMYzysrTfIj1Pbh7wyoQ-dW45bb1GYNjH2IsOLc-J8SNQ7hwXe6aHVJc3Wc=w1344-h896-no
Just made the purchase, can’t wait.. your LC looks great btw!

Make sure they are HIR. HIR are without a doubt the best headlight mod that you can get without going to HID.

They about double the price of a standard bulb, but the put out almost double the lumens (light measurement unit) of a stock halogen. Why more USA vehicles don't use HIR is beyond me. HIR are used more often in Europe. They have a special coating on the bulb designed to reflect IR light back to the filament which somehow causes it to burn more brightly? The science is quite interesting.

Oh one more item to mention is that HIR low beams last about as long as a normal low beam, but the high beams don't last as long as the stock version. I never cared about this because once you use them, you will understand. Most likely you will need to adjust your headlights down a bit they can be so bright.

Thanks much!

Just made the purchase, can’t wait.. your LC looks great btw!

Thanks we love our LX470
More flap testing, checking durability on the Sea of Cortez. Its a tough job but someone needs to do it.:grinpimp:

zsrGKk-pQzavs97mgHGFgUgEwlwDWt6ryUk44IGl0rcMXlVh05n7SjGYZADorE1LL7r5crucaBAivEy6eK12u10NRb4SWmISDzuIp_u3EF8td1M7cug7aYbmC-GvsuAu7foT7FpRXNEwE3S1eDdyyoFk9mV1vhqRrKbbcRwh7kaEP7ZxY7q3hn0kPblxJhzifWaGaMusgIFeydOnk4ATV7tVm5dsVDuv2VszPp1Xd8xxcsW1oGwXbU5Ff6TqBbNmvVttMA8I-mtdFCkbQ4UF8CZNrYdvupv11HIKV_3iPwUwPsE33JhJZ_rCWT37nQN-QYu87rGqRPW9AucHn0zrQLMEiogpahhO6myMw9woIwJCQ__izwjfMAihQt0Olt69S-mQkUQluiQ64_aadvRJr-wn5YewZXe6lthWhNFTsRf8XMvcFloIyq4aNd0_52d7JHvcM7KO8bejvBefVr_3RG1l2eOqSHuHenkcAEF1R8C3VsB9iCjBy4L-9IP5v-BMF2s94-GFA3BTtzmCNXtGAmjS8INcIrldCwERgV4lsm_tKjU9NyUQk7SgoC5isgmxr7IAf-mWaRrNNwKd-1Vpjd2taGWguE9xrX3mXbx0=w1379-h919-no

Flaps shipped yesterday:)

Happy Wheeling

Are

these the same for a 1998 landcruiser

Using some recycled parts. Cost ~$cheap-O.

Switched out panel to one with garage door opener:

View attachment 1357127

Switched front air box panel behind glove box, to one that accommodate cabin filters:
View attachment 1357130
Note: if you get the opener out of a LX, it is not compatible with newer Homelink V4 garage door openers. Won't work. You have to get a repeater to put in your garage to make it work, they are <$30 on Amazon

I love my weathertech and have no issues... never had an issue. You can see my heel print after 4 years of ownership though :)

Are

these the same for a 1998 landcruiser

It looks like the 1998 Land Cruiser used 9006 (low beam) and 9005 (high beam) bulbs, so yes, they will work on a 1998. Just buy a 9012 HIR bulb for your low beams and/or a 9011 bulb for your high beams. They sell Phillips HIRs on Amazon.

Weather tech mats, HIR headlight bulbs, double DIN touchscreen head unit, tint on front windows.

Speaking of tinting the windows. I'm afraid of getting a ticket if I tint the windshield, but I would really like to have at least a nice fat strip on the top of the windshield because I commute to work into the sun going east, with the sun shining into my eyeballs and onto my hands, which become quickly sunburnt in the summer, and by the time I commute back home, I'm going west and the sun's back at it again. What's a good option for tinting the top of the windshield? I think I want to go an inch or two lower than that AS1 mark. I'm not keen on the percentages of tint, what's a good option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom