Multi-nozzle injectors...upgrade? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No it has been done, URD makes an O2 modulator. But it is a bandaide at best. There are times you want the truck to run at 14.7, I would hate to modulate the signal down to say 12-12.5 for boost and then not have it ever been at 14.7

Nobody’s figured out how to fudge the signal from OX #1 back to the ECU?

On the OBDII trucks any lean or rich conditions are corrected by the computer up to about 20% that is the point of the first O2 sensor.

On a more serious note, would advance timing lean out the ratio a bit?

I've install the upgraded injectors on a 3fe and a 1fv. Both had better idle quality and smoother acceleration. Part throttle is a big difference, wide open throttle not such of a difference but still better. Both these vehicle had over 200k on them so maybe just getting new injectors help? I would say they are totally worth the price.

On the OBDII trucks any lean or rich conditions are corrected by the computer up to about 20% that is the point of the first O2 sensor.

Actually not quite correct. I've forced the ECU to 40% and it still controlled the AFR correctly . It's just at 20% it throws a CEL that there is something wrong.

If you are running rich there is basically only 2 common reasons for it. You have a bad front O2 sensor or wiring from the ECU to it, or air is entering the exhaust pre front O2 sensor. The exhaust leak on our trucks is commonly at the Y in the front pipe but can also be at the manifolds

View attachment 1648010 View attachment 1648011 I've got a set of 23250-70080 denso injectors if you want to try it. These are an identical fit for our stock injector, 4 hole and rated at 312cc.

EDIT: sold, left for information purposes only.

Hey Rick -

You know of a slightly higher CFM's version (say upper 300's/close to 400's CFM) with the 4-hole dispersion like these?
Or is that essentially a Turbo Supra injector?

@landtank , @scottryana , @NLXTACY - whoever maybe has something to add here since we're seeing the soon-to-drop turbo, and guys pushing S/C's further.

Hey Rick -

You know of a slightly higher CFM's version (say upper 300's/close to 400's CFM) with the 4-hole dispersion like these?
Or is that essentially a Turbo Supra injector?

@landtank , @scottryana , @NLXTACY - whoever maybe has something to add here since we're seeing the soon-to-drop turbo, and guys pushing S/C's further.

Actually I do and happen to have a set of brand new toyotas.
23250-74160 they are 4 hole and 372cc
They were used on the 3sge engine over seas.

PM me if interested

I have been running these since 2016. I had no problems but I don't have a wideband on it either. I was considering running E85 but my emanage ultimate is a challenge to figure out.

20160515_144340[1].jpg
20160515_144348[1].jpg

...or air is entering the exhaust pre front O2 sensor...

Wouldn't this event make it run lean?

I got some skin in this game, with my engine apparently running rich. My O2 sensors have less than 9 months on them and less than 5000 miles. Denso.

Wouldn't this event make it run lean?

I got some skin in this game, with my engine apparently running rich. My O2 sensors have less than 9 months on them and less than 5000 miles. Denso.

No, the extra oxygen entering the exhaust would make the O2 sensor THINK the engine is running lean and then add more fuel in trying to compensate for that.

I have been running these since 2016. I had no problems but I don't have a wideband on it either. I was considering running E85 but my emanage ultimate is a challenge to figure out.

View attachment 1651344 View attachment 1651345

I'm running WRX injectors that has the same nozzle pattern. The engine's smoothness while idling is quite amazing. The one thing I notice about the injectors that you are using is how far out the nozzle sticks past the doughnut. Not sure if that influences anything or not.

No, the extra oxygen entering the exhaust would make the O2 sensor THINK the engine is running lean and then add more fuel in trying to compensate for that.

But my code is for rich vs lean running engine.
Does it work the other way around?
Extra O2 > dump more fuel > code for running rich?

might not be a bad replacement option since they look like they are less expensive option over the cruiser injectors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom