Muffler ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi.
I need a new muffler and the one I took off isn't giving up anything. It's a custom job and the guys who built it aren't around for info anymore.
I have a 2F engine that I am told was bored out. cylinder compression is slightly higher then normal. I have 2.5" pipe off the header flange and a 2.5" back pipe. The old muffler is 31" long (from fitting end to fitting end) and about 7" round. The numbers 90 650 are the only things I can make out. How do I figure out/calculate the proper muffler to install?

Regards.
Angelo

watching this, as I have similar exhaust dimensions, and need a new muffler and piping

The PO took the 40 down to a muffler shop and they fabbed up new pipe from the manifold back. Seems to work fine. I will measure dimensions for you.

I have a 18" long by 9 1/2 wide, its oval not round. Mounted from Driver out to passenger. No brand but does have a part number, searched it found it to be a Walker 18112 Tru-Fit Universal Muffler

Cheap but it works for now.

Last edited:
Sorry for being delinquent with this thread.
I was able to find a direct replacement muffler, wholesale, and used the forward and aft pipes I had. I will try and find the info on it and post.

Regards.
Angelo

couldn't find any paperwork but have the following pics to post. hope the numbers help.

0509161249.jpg

0509161250.jpg

0509161250a.jpg

0509161251.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom