'Mud pet memorial thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last week's lack of heat and power, during the Texas "winterpocalypse", was just too much for my 22 year old son's ~20 year old (indoor only) cat. An adopted stray, but I'm not real sure who was the adopter, and who was the adoptee. He tolerated me, but worshiped my son, following him around the house, usually having long vocal conversations. Sometimes his "stoopid hoomans" were a little hard to train, but usually he did succeed.

Today we had to make an early morning run to the 24/7 ER, and make the very hard call to have him "put to sleep".

View attachment 2593309
If there is a heaven, surely it is full of genuine, honest, and loving pets, that seem to be better "people" than most humans.

Goodbye Rusty!
So sorry for you all. I believe there's a heaven, and what would it be without them?

Just saw this...

EvJyjNrWYAAQknM

I laid my Gladius to rest yesterday. She was one of four GSD's and the second oldest four months shy of 12.
She was my special girl that always greeted me with a wet nose to the had at first morning. She would be at my side whenever I was in the house.
She was euthanized at home to reduce the stress level and to allow the other three pack members to say goodbye.

At eight weeks old.
7D3DF3BF-ECB7-4B8A-A554-4270056A5591_1_201_a.jpeg

Just hours prior to crossing the Rainbow Bridge.
2A028074-746E-48BC-BD38-FFDC1DCB7AD3.jpeg

I will miss her deeply.
9EFCB49A-A566-4B8D-BB55-E33338BF5291_1_201_a.jpeg

Please hug you babies in honor of Gladius.

Gladius
7/15/2009- 3/15/2021
RIP my fiend and companion.

I laid my Gladius to rest yesterday. She was one of four GSD's and the second oldest four months shy of 12.
She was my special girl that always greeted me with a wet nose to the had at first morning. She would be at my side whenever I was in the house.
She was euthanized at home to reduce the stress level and to allow the other three pack members to say goodbye.

At eight weeks old.
View attachment 2615901
View attachment 2615900

I will miss her deeply.
View attachment 2615898

Gladius
7/15/2009- 3/15/2021
Sorry for your loss!!!! RIP

It’s a shame they can’t have the lifespan of a parrot. Like 50yrs.
In a perfect world.
Sorry for your loss!!!! RIP
Thank you, it'll take some time to fill the hole left in my heart.

Back in 2001, I put down a different female GSD here at home. She was also 11 and went by the name Corona. I still get teary thinking of her.

This is an old photo of myself (I am now 38) and my beloved Golden Retriever, Buster and cat, Murphy. We got both when I was 2 as rescues and had to put him down when I was 18. Murphy passed in his sleep about a week after. Those two used to sleep in his doghouse together and were quite the pair. Buster was an amazing dog who went everywhere with me other than school.

IMG_20111229_213003.jpg

At eight weeks old.
View attachment 2615901
View attachment 2615900

I will miss her deeply.
View attachment 2615898

Gladius
7/15/2009- 3/15/2021
That is a wonderful tribute. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl, and hope that the passing of time quickly replaces your sadness with only the best memories.

This is an old photo of myself (I am now 38) and my beloved Golden Retriever, Buster and cat, Murphy. We got both when I was 2 as rescues and had to put him down when I was 18. Murphy passed in his sleep about a week after. Those two used to sleep in his doghouse together and were quite the pair. Buster was an amazing dog who went everywhere with me other than school.

View attachment 2616786
Quite the pair! How fortunate for you to grow up with them.

At eight weeks old.
View attachment 2615901
View attachment 2615900

I will miss her deeply.
View attachment 2615898

Gladius
7/15/2009- 3/15/2021

Beautiful companion. Condolences for your loss.

Thank you guys.

Its been three days since she passed and I find myself sobbing first thing in the morning while prepping three bowls of food. The other three pack members also miss her. Every morning at first sight, she would give me a "love tap" greeting with her nose to my hand like clockwork....I miss that.
Time heals but it still burns.
Thank you fellas and God bless.

Last edited:
Your very lucky to have the rest of the pack, but I know that it doesn't stop the pain. When I lost my sweet Queensland heeler ( pepper) after 15 years she was the only one it left a huge void in my life and hart , I'm welling up as I write this as I still miss her and it's been years.
Hang in there and love the rest of the pack

A couple days shy of a month since my girl Gladius crossed the rainbow bridge, I'm hit again with a second loss. This time the Pac's patriarch. Phalanx became the first of our pac of four GSD's. The father of Gladius and grandfather to Hercules and Valkyrie. At 13year 4 months his time has come. He was my "sports fan" my "athlete" by "boy." Always willing to work and play and never ever aggressive except one time when a stray dog approached the pack aggressively one day during our morning walks.

We had the same home visit vet come so he could pass in comfort and allow the last two pac members mourn with my wife and myself.

Please allow me to share some great shots of these two late wonderful companions.

Phalanx and Gladius. They were in their prime here. RIP

F2552E1E-961D-447A-8B38-D2167B321AE5.jpeg

They loved to hang out in the shop.
5EA3ACDE-3884-4FA4-BC5B-0B438AB4CE4E.jpeg

Phalanx was an amazing working dog. He could run, cut, catch, and jump better than any pup I have ever had the privilege of owning. I purchased him for my wife on 07 after our only son enlisted at 17 making us empty nesters overnight. I was away for 24hour at a time and mama needed some comfort, Phalanx fit the bill 100%.
2AB7FAA5-5F93-4DE3-8933-BC05434158D9.jpeg

The two would pay me visits at work.
33BE4AE0-8EC8-4F79-8EF9-F21824A27865.jpeg

Phalanx last birthday. He turned 13 on December 28 2020. He was enjoying cubbed up ribeye steak in celebration. His loss of muscle mass is visible in his rear quarters. I diagnosed him with Degenerative Myelopathy (DM) six months previous. Gladius had the same affliction.
tempImagedVdDSs.png

Phalanx will be deeply missed along with Gladius.

Phalanx
12/27/2007-4/12/2021 RIP

A couple days shy of a month since my girl Gladius crossed the rainbow bridge, I'm hit again with a second loss. This time the Pac's patriarch. Phalanx became the first of our pac of four GSD's. The father of Gladius and grandfather to Hercules and Valkyrie. At 13year 4 months his time has come. He was my "sports fan" my "athlete" by "boy." Always willing to work and play and never ever aggressive except one time when a stray dog approached the pack aggressively one day during our morning walks.

We had the same home visit vet come so he could pass in comfort and allow the last two pac members mourn with my wife and myself.

Please allow me to share some great shots of these two late wonderful companions.

View attachment 2643292
View attachment 2643359
Phalanx was an amazing working dog. He could run, cut, catch, and jump better than any pup I have ever had the privilege of owning. I purchased him for my wife on 07 after our only son enlisted at 17 making us empty nesters overnight. I was away for 24hour at a time and mama needed some comfort, Phalanx fit the bill 100%.
View attachment 2643294
View attachment 2643295
Phalanx last birthday. He turned 13 on December 28 2020. He was enjoying cubbed up ribeye steak in celebration. His loss of muscle mass is visible in his rear quarters. I diagnosed him with Degenerative Myelopathy (DM) six months previous. Gladius had the same affliction.
View attachment 2643320

Phalanx
12/27/2007-4/12/2021 RIP
Sorry for your loss, sound like there were both great companions

View attachment 2643292
View attachment 2643359
View attachment 2643294
View attachment 2643295
View attachment 2643320

Phalanx
12/27/2007-4/12/2021 RIP
Beautiful dogs. Very sorry for your loss. What a great life they had with you.

Sorry for your loss, sound like there were both great companions
Thank you so much, they were so loyal all the way to the end.
Beautiful dogs. Very sorry for your loss. What a great life they had with you.
Thank you very much, their departure has left a sizable hole in my heart. I too had a great life with them.
My other two are siblings at 9 years.

Today I had to lay to rest my sweet girl, Pearl. She was so good to us, we were lucky to have had her. She was 13.5 years old, pretty good run for a lab. She loved to hunt birds and enjoyed bacon more than anything. We will miss you Pearl, thank you for loving us.

850640DD-2CA7-409F-ABF4-849368DFA0DA.jpeg

Sorry for loss !!!

RIP Pearl

Today I had to lay to rest my sweet girl, Pearl. She was so good to us, we were lucky to have had her. She was 13.5 years old, pretty good run for a lab. She loved to hunt birds and enjoyed bacon more than anything. We will miss you Pearl, thank you for loving us.

View attachment 2646722
Awww..... at least you know she’s at rainbow bridge playing and running around with all the other doggies with no more pain......

just always look up in the sky and tell her hi because she’s always looking down at you letting you know she’s ok and she loves you all

Last edited:

View attachment 2646722
What a beautiful girl. RIP Pearl.
My condolences on your loss.
Pearl is whole again and playing in perfect pastures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom