Builds Mr Wilson’s 89 4Runner (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hah, that's extra ghetto. I like it. Curious to see how it works out.

What were those rear springs you've got in there? I'm lazy. *EDIT** I found it in the very first post... So thats a 2" lift front and rear? I really want some rear OME springs to fix my saggy rear, but I don't want to lift the front. I was hoping you had a stock front because I like the way yours sits. poop.

Nah, last years “plow” was extra ghetto. This year’s variation will be “refined hillbilly deluxe”. I picked up some 3/16 x 2 flat bar yesterday to use as a cutting edge. I just need to find a couple of spare hours to zap it all together.

I bought the ‘Runner with the springs installed already so I’m not 100% sure what they are offhand. If OME only does a 2” spring then that must be the ones. I’ll look at the invoice for the parts tomorrow.

It was a very sad day around the driveway yesterday. There had been some indication that the day was coming soon, but I tried to remain optimistic and ignore the signs. I should have known it was inevitable though, and dealt with it a while ago...

Dammit, I put the hardtop on again for “winter”! :flipoff2: And you thought I’d blown the engine or something!

BC- I know you did your springs, but I did look at my paperwork and it just says Dakar springs. I’ll see if the part number is still visible on the leaves, but I’ll bet they are what you bought and then modified.

I found myself looking at TDI swaps on YotaTech last night... That’s a rabbit hole I’m not sure I want to go down, but 170 hp, 250 tq and 30 mpg is pretty appealing.

Happy New Year ‘Mudders!

Oops. I may have done something...

E29C6687-BA29-46FA-8E19-E17E45C3C603.jpeg

Hipster sellout :flipoff2:

Nothing sold (out) yet. Just needed a tax write off. Don’t worry, it’s a lease... Mama had a very happy Valentine’s Day.

36EA8BF5-0CEE-4829-93CE-D22C9FC7996F.jpeg

It needs a lift and tires, but I’ll settle for real tires for now. It’s going to be her daily, and a parts store Runner for me. At least until we start using it in the woods when the snow melts up there.

We ended up going white. The driveway is looking good! Momma said “we might need to lift it soon”. I think I married well... she can cook too!

80C6FFCE-D336-4081-A4F3-1F14F3B513E8.jpeg

A74C33DE-4EDC-4C07-B75C-0F8572E377C8.jpeg

Put the 255 ST Maxxs on it today. Rides more like a truck now, but *******, these tires are crazy noisy on the Taco! The sound proofing in the 100 is something amazing. I knew they had a bit of hum to them, but in the Taco you can’t converse at a normal level. I’m thinking I may have to buy some BFG ATs or something. Anything with a lug is going to be unbearable on the highway.

F8024107-839A-4E3D-9BCF-CEDFB8E97FD2.jpeg

All is right with your driveway. The dude abides.

The Tacoma - white with real tires - looks damn good. I mean, it can't compete with the 4Runner it's beside, but come on. That's a high bar.

My coops aren't

Your ST Maxxs aren’t noisy? I’m not surprised. I think this set hucked some weights early on, and ended up being driven out of balance on the 100. I’m hoping they will wear flat (even out) on the Tacoma, but man it’s irritating. We did 40 miles on I5 yesterday and I wish I’d had ear plugs. I have to pull a trailer about 300 miles tomorrow, and I’m hoping that distance, with the tongue weight makes a bit of a difference. The wife wants to ditch the Coopers already. I don’t blame her. The crap oem tires were virtually silent, and now the brand new Taco is howling pretty badly.

If there were a machine that could shave them flat again, I’d be a customer. Maybe like a road force balancer with 20 grit on the drum? Have it work back and forth until it’s flat...

All is right with your driveway. The dude abides.

Missing from the picture is my “new” diesel truck with 539,000 kms on it. I put all new suspension and steering in it this past week, and it’s so far out of alignment that when I drove it to my buddies shop to have him see if the tires were flat enough to do a proper alignment, the front tires were actually squealing when I drove around even slight corners! I’m surprised I didn’t get stopped for DUI on the short drive over! I measured out the drag link etc and matched it to the old one (which wandered a fair bit, but was worn out). I have a wastegate solenoid code on it as well, and it needs a good detailing too. When that stuff is done, things will be more “right” in my world!

Im running stt pros. Are you running E rated? Psi?
I ran the early ST on my 86 in pmetric.

.... When I first read your post I read "maxxis"

I see a Northern Lite in the driveway as well. What size is it and do you need me to store it for you? ;)

Didn’t you see it when you were here? It’s a 2017 9-6Q. I factory ordered it for my hunting and fishing adventures. My brother in law used to run their glass shop. They make a damn nice camper. Too bad Macs son is running the show now. He’s a total d-bag.

Im running stt pros. Are you running E rated? Psi?
I ran the early ST on my 86 in pmetric.

.... When I first read your post I read "maxxis"

They are ST Maxx. 255/85-16 in an E. The biggest issue is what I think was stick on weights getting thrown, and then driving on them for a while. They are great tires, just noisy as they stand.

Found a new job for the 4Runner... holding down the 18’ x 30’ rv cover while the concrete anchors dry! Putting it up on a windy day was fun, but possibly foolish?
EBD620FF-1969-4D3B-B103-F3B104155893.jpeg

@gnob I missed your locker question from your last post. Yes, it has the locker. I’m at 1,200 miles on it and already used the locker 5-6x in one day.

Today was a glorious day for the ‘Runner. Softopper is back on! Can’t really go anywhere, but when I can, I’ll have some fresh air!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom