Builds Mr. Torgue's 2010 GX460 build (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s a great-looking driveway! I appreciate the feedback. They look perfectly at home on both trucks. It’s been fun reading your build thread and watching a simple build evolve into so much more. Thank you again!!

That’s a great-looking driveway! I appreciate the feedback. They look perfectly at home on both trucks. It’s been fun reading your build thread and watching a simple build evolve into so much more. Thank you again!!

Sure thing. Don’t be afraid to ask more questions! I’ll start the 470 build thread later this year.

Big thanks to @giovanni for putting up with me today while doing this in his driveway and @THEOZMAN for the fantastic 3rd row power harnesses!

EF123C9C-2639-49D0-92BF-DD7CB0EA62F1.jpeg

Progress shots.

C39960AA-81DB-48EA-B2FE-92390949236D.jpeg

B0AC5427-A8F1-420F-BF9F-F1EEEC3B69F0.jpeg

64DE45E1-3633-4A31-A4DD-AA38EB5C9CDE.jpeg

Looks great!

Thank you. @giovanni you’re the real star. Oh and those drawers you put in your rig are amazing to see in person. It sold me on those instead of building my own.

I really love these girls. Stayin’ classy all-the-while willing to roll around in the mud with you.

Also, thank you to all who serve, have served and those who gave it all. Hope everyone had a safe Memorial Day and don’t forget to pay the respect forward!

98535C33-F329-4ACC-9DCF-D1976444ADFE.jpeg

52A7C0A2-D78B-43C4-8402-765C47E0E55B.jpeg

Thank you MrTorgue.
Hopefully speaking for all who served and are active, this is appreciated.

Last edited:
Installed USB ports for the front passenger. Yes, I just have to be complicated. Haha. I figured this would be more efficient for the passenger keeping the cable away from their legs and lap.

2C9FE581-51D3-4E1B-8B1C-3ACAED427E22.jpeg

9CCCC2EA-F65B-4170-8288-5F19E5378860.jpeg

Clean work. But, that wire seems to be in a precarious spot for getting in and out
Thanks! I moved it far enough outboard to be out of the way. I tested it repeatedly and it should be out of the way even for tall passengers like me @ 6ft. My wife is 5ft 5in so she’ll have that seat a little farther forward moving further away from it. When not in use the cable can be put between the seat and b-pillar on the floor out of the way. :)

And the port itself in the footwell doesn't have any of the cable sticking out far enough to snag

Awesome work. I have floor liners . Would I have room behind there to put mine 4” higher?

Awesome work. I have floor liners . Would I have room behind there to put mine 4” higher?

Hmm I don’t think so. There’s quite a bit behind that kick panel. You did just make me realize my husky liners I just got in the mail may interfere with the USB port. I’ll probably end up cutting the liners if they interfere haha.

Hmm I don’t think so. There’s quite a bit behind that kick panel. You did just make me realize my husky liners I just got in the mail may interfere with the USB port. I’ll probably end up cutting the liners if they interfere haha.
Nothing that a little snipping can't fix!
Better still, just cut a hole for the port in your floor liner. :meh:

Here is a pic from behind that kick panel. It’s stuffed full as you can see.

82F314E7-BC9A-406D-9558-9AB617FA3C41.jpeg

Got around to installing my rear camera. It isn’t perfect and the RTV isn't clean around the hole AND the barn door grommet had to be surgically cut. At least it isn’t anything that cannot be fixed later on. And oh and my goodness the plastics are super brittle.

I need to install the anti-glare film on this mirror, it’s just too much to tolerate. Here’s a pic of the split view. You can do a full front or full back view if you wanted.

9F406186-4555-4BCC-89D6-E7161C68AC17.jpeg

Spaghetti I see. Yes you put just in the safe spot for that installation . Well done!

Definitely. I spent a little time making sure where I put it was going to have plenty of room.

Fun fact. The spare is the original one from the factory. Haha. That thing is 11 years old! Doesn’t look like it was ever used. What a waste of a good tire.

367CB398-A379-47E4-97E5-C700DAB10751.jpeg

Periwinkle has been at my Toyota dealer for almost a week now. I went there to replace the radiator, hoses and heavy duty Power Stop brake pads. The Denso radiator I got from rockauto however was damaged (grrr) so I’m having the dealer replace it. They had to order one since they are a very rural Toyota dealer. I hope to get it back tomorrow as I still have a small mod or two to do before we leave on our road trip next week.

So I got a 2020 Toyota Venza hybrid loaner car that I surprisingly like. If a new job requires me to drive a lot I may buy one.

*edit*
Yes, my 460’s name is Periwinkle. Maybe one day I’ll tell the story why. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom