Builds Mr. Torgue's 2010 GX460 build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So...this happened. And yes, it was fun.

Had about 8-12" in most places. Supposed to snow more tonight. I did miss out on getting my studded winter tires so tomorrow morning is going to be really scary on these high mileage AT's on ice and slush. Better than taking my wife's RAM 2500 with some chineseium AT tires and no weight in the back.

View attachment 3498147View attachment 3498148
Looks like you've been practicing your drifting skills. Or at least seeing just how grippy your tires are.

Before messing with the sensor, check for any leaks after the sensor in the intake hose. Loose clamps, cracks in the intake hose/tube itself. Often it's not a sensor issue but something downstream causing the false reading (especially since it's the ~108, sensor high).
Hose clamps are good. I'll double check the hoses again after the sensor.

Looks like you've been practicing your drifting skills. Or at least seeing just how grippy your tires are.
Surprisingly these things are phenominal. I was able to stop the skid and straighten up pretty easy.

Reactions: r2m
So after replacing the vacuum switching valve the emissions codes have gone away. So finally after that, an OEM MAP sensor and OEM gas cap I'm code free.

Other than that only other update is I needed a way to mount my fire dept pager so that I can see and hear it while driving. Redneck science for the win.

CC49B6F2-EC75-40BE-B976-7CE9130C4A82.jpeg

So this happened. Turns out this has been cracked for a while and must of caused my previous issues related to the batteries I've had to go through. Replaced with a heavier duty terminal and alls good now.

D1F3BEC1-C306-42D0-84E1-069872E86624.jpeg

I'm also installing a light bar so I'll have another update in a few days.

Light bar installed. Had to change up how it was mounted. Turns out the metal tech bumper's tubular bar isn't a matching size to your typical bar so the clamp mounts I got were slightly too large even with doubling up the double stick tape and using the smallest rubber insert. I'll likely reinstall this light bar on the roof rack I'll eventually get. For now these magnetic mounts are absolutely solid.

1F2A8FC9-23A8-45F8-95A0-39CDCE0EBAC9.jpeg

Light bar installed. Had to change up how it was mounted. Turns out the metal tech bumper's tubular bar isn't a matching size to your typical bar so the clamp mounts I got were slightly too large even with doubling up the double stick tape and using the smallest rubber insert. I'll likely reinstall this light bar on the roof rack I'll eventually get. For now these magnetic mounts are absolutely solid.

View attachment 3613066
Glad they're only magnetic. You had freaked out when I first saw that thinking your drilled your hood to mount that!
Two quick points:
  1. Did you put 'painters tape' on the hood under the magnets?
  2. Do you get a lot of glare from them being mounted there?
And one suggestion: To mount it on your front bumper, you can use stainless steel hose clamps. Get some black heat shrink tubing that will 'sleeve' over the hose clamp band. Leave enough of the band uncovered to tighten the hose clamp. Also make sure the heat shrink tubing it just large enough to slip over the hose clamp.
Below you can see a few quick photos of how I used white shrink tubing to over the hose clamp to hold the PVC tube that houses the 6' x 9' umbrella.
I really didn't want the stainless steel showing on the white PVC. With the white shrink tubing, you don't even notice how the PVC is mounted!
https://www.amazon.com/LOKMAN-Adjustable-Automotive-Mechanical-Applications/dp/B076Q7ZK19/ref=sxin_12_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?content-id=amzn1.sym.7eecf2da-4a3c-4180-b71b-7b7e6f37b369%3Aamzn1.sym.7eecf2da-4a3c-4180-b71b-7b7e6f37b369&crid=F53GE3WG7NUQ&cv_ct_cx=hose+clamps&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.ObnIoJyDC5POZJHIITLoVfLb6Agd6scOmznZz0rPbFvp6CDXIzxNBLHYU7a-F5v7lqxtBBvdqjw8g4Nh-Cu8mQ.jd7s6UuMjQ9Zdzv6krr8vJkxwH4OCeGSlkKfKUnZVuE&dib_tag=se&keywords=hose+clamps&pd_rd_i=B076Q7ZK19&pd_rd_r=ff3c8000-8f98-416f-a0c8-af9dc47dd306&pd_rd_w=myVmy&pd_rd_wg=5oX4H&pf_rd_p=7eecf2da-4a3c-4180-b71b-7b7e6f37b369&pf_rd_r=YTJKVRAQC7Y4JS4RZ10C&qid=1713802540&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=hose+clamp%2Caps%2C165&sr=1-1-e7845da7-4b73-4873-b4b5-aec156390e83-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9zZWFyY2hfdGhlbWF0aWM&psc=1
20240422_091934.jpg
20240422_091940.jpg
20240422_091951.jpg
20240422_092000.jpg

Last edited:
Glad they're only magnetic. You had freaked out when I first saw that thinking your drilled your hood to mount that!
Two quick points:
  1. Did you put 'painters tape' on the hood under the magnets?
  2. Do you get a lot of glare from them being mounted there?
And one suggestion: To mount it on your front bumper, you can use stainless steel hose clamps. Get some black heat shrink tubing that will 'sleeve' over the hose clamp band. Leave enough of the band uncovered to tighten the hose clamp. Also make sure the heat shrink tubing it just large enough to slip over the hose clamp.
Below you can see a few quick photos of how I used white shrink tubing to over the hose clamp to hold the PVC tube that houses the 6' x 9' umbrella.
I really didn't want the stainless steel showing on the white PVC. With the white shrink tubing, you don't even notice how the PVC is mounted!
https://www.amazon.com/LOKMAN-Adjustable-Automotive-Mechanical-Applications/dp/B076Q7ZK19/ref=sxin_12_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?content-id=amzn1.sym.7eecf2da-4a3c-4180-b71b-7b7e6f37b369%3Aamzn1.sym.7eecf2da-4a3c-4180-b71b-7b7e6f37b369&crid=F53GE3WG7NUQ&cv_ct_cx=hose+clamps&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.ObnIoJyDC5POZJHIITLoVfLb6Agd6scOmznZz0rPbFvp6CDXIzxNBLHYU7a-F5v7lqxtBBvdqjw8g4Nh-Cu8mQ.jd7s6UuMjQ9Zdzv6krr8vJkxwH4OCeGSlkKfKUnZVuE&dib_tag=se&keywords=hose+clamps&pd_rd_i=B076Q7ZK19&pd_rd_r=ff3c8000-8f98-416f-a0c8-af9dc47dd306&pd_rd_w=myVmy&pd_rd_wg=5oX4H&pf_rd_p=7eecf2da-4a3c-4180-b71b-7b7e6f37b369&pf_rd_r=YTJKVRAQC7Y4JS4RZ10C&qid=1713802540&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=hose+clamp%2Caps%2C165&sr=1-1-e7845da7-4b73-4873-b4b5-aec156390e83-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9zZWFyY2hfdGhlbWF0aWM&psc=1
View attachment 3613757View attachment 3613758View attachment 3613759View attachment 3613760
1. Didn't need any sort of tape or etc because the bottom of the mount is rubber.
2. Because the angle is slightly pointed down the light hits the end of the hood but it isn't much of a distraction and doesn't impede and visibility. I'll get and get a pic of it at night.

I'm tempted to have a local shop weld on a flat piece of steel on top of the tube then remount the light bar on that.

1. Didn't need any sort of tape or etc because the bottom of the mount is rubber.
2. Because the angle is slightly pointed down the light hits the end of the hood but it isn't much of a distraction and doesn't impede and visibility. I'll get and get a pic of it at night.

I'm tempted to have a local shop weld on a flat piece of steel on top of the tube then remount the light bar on that.
A couple of welded tabs would be the best way to go. Just be sure that the lights are recessed enough behind the bar so anything bump on the trail won't be breaking your lights.

A couple of welded tabs would be the best way to go. Just be sure that the lights are recessed enough behind the bar so anything bump on the trail won't be breaking your lights.
Definitely do not want a broken light on the trail! LOL

Bought four of these and I'll be installing two in the rear bumper to replace the backup lights. The other two I'll probably install in the sides of the vehicle somewhere for some 360 degree lighting.

They make clamp on light mount for tube of various size. No need for welding and painting.

ZIDIYORUO Light Bar Mounts for UTV - 360° Light Mounts for 1.75"-2" Roll Bars, Rock Solid Aluminum Alloy Brackets Mounting Fog Light, Driving Lights LED Lights on UTV/ ATV/ Jeep/Truck Bars. 2pcs https://a.co/d/8fKv7be

Nilight 90020B 2 Pack Mounting Bracket Kit LED Off Road Light Horizontal Bar Tube Clamp Roof Roll Cage Holder, 2 Years Warranty,Black https://a.co/d/87G0MAP

They make clamp on light mount for tube of various size. No need for welding and painting.

ZIDIYORUO Light Bar Mounts for UTV - 360° Light Mounts for 1.75"-2" Roll Bars, Rock Solid Aluminum Alloy Brackets Mounting Fog Light, Driving Lights LED Lights on UTV/ ATV/ Jeep/Truck Bars. 2pcs https://a.co/d/8fKv7be

Nilight 90020B 2 Pack Mounting Bracket Kit LED Off Road Light Horizontal Bar Tube Clamp Roof Roll Cage Holder, 2 Years Warranty,Black https://a.co/d/87G0MAP
I bought the Nilight ones and those are the ones that won't work. For $20 I am willing to try the other ones. Thanks for the links!

Bought four of these and I'll be installing two in the rear bumper to replace the backup lights. The other two I'll probably install in the sides of the vehicle somewhere for some 360 degree lighting.

Love the LED's in my rear bumper!
It's like daylight back there when I put it in reverse when it's dark. Helps a lot when viewing with the backup camera.

Love the LED's in my rear bumper!
It's like daylight back there when I put it in reverse when it's dark. Helps a lot when viewing with the backup camera.
That's exactly why I'm doing it. My bright LEDs in the factory housing is brighter than stock but woefully bad in the real world.

Not bad! 👍 Looks like you could tip them up a wee bit more for a little further throw?
That is as far up as the bracket will allow. :( Flipping the bracket 180 degrees makes it point up to the sky. This is as good as I got until I get the tabs welded on the bumper.

It'll do for now since it throws out wide and out performs my high and low beams with those rigid diffused fogs.

That is as far up as the bracket will allow. :( Flipping the bracket 180 degrees makes it point up to the sky. This is as good as I got until I get the tabs welded on the bumper.

It'll do for now since it throws out wide and out performs my high and low beams with those rigid diffused fogs.
Ahhh, I see why you have it up high on your hood where it's flatter. If you had it closer to the grill, the slope of the hood would make it worst.

Ahhh, I see why you have it up high on your hood where it's flatter. If you had it closer to the grill, the slope of the hood would make it worst.
Yup! I spent quite a few moments eye balling to see where the flattest part was. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom