Mounting spare tire in front - pros/cons? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just saw an ad for a 60 for sale, which has the spare tire mounted on the front bumper (!). This is the first time I notice someone doing this, and though I don't particularly find it aesthetically appealing (nor maybe even practical), I'm wondering if there are positive aspects of doing this (protection from rocks and other flying objects from vehicles ahead)?

Last edited:
I would think that this would reduce airflow and make it harder to cool the engine.

I would think that this would reduce airflow and make it harder to cool the engine.

Some regions are not so worried about cooling. I've known people to cover their radiators in order to reduce cooling. Colder regions that is.

X10 on the ugliness :D

Probably very practical for pushing retards out of your way in traffic. :D

I can see the cooling issue.

But I kinda like it. Sort of safari style, like the old Rovers with the hood mount. And now you've got two spares, without a $1000 rear swing out bumper.

Looks like a big overgrown baby with a pacifier in its mouth! :D

no bueno!

other than it being Fugly...

Its Freaking Fugly!

Why would you mount it there when Toyota gave you a place to hide it in the back out of the way.

Why would you mount it there when Toyota gave you a place to hide it in the back out of the way.

...because you also bought some super - retaaahded towing mirrors and a fat "toyota" sticker for the top of your windshield...

Why cover one of best looking SUV front ends that God ever created.........and I have a 62. I do and always will have "60 grille envy" (especially blacked out)!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom