Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G'day Fellas, Work continues on Mouldy Mario. I ended up giving the bonnet a couple of extra coats of high-fill primer and then wet sanded top and bottom to 800 & 1000 grit in some places. I also gave the front panel another coat of high-fill, I had rubbed through in so many areas, that I would have been embarrassed to take it down to my painter. Today was all about seam sealing. If things go well, hopefully tomorrow or Friday, I will get under the guards and side steps done in Raptor Liner. Couple of pics (Is it just me or does the front panel look as though its smiling?)

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

@Pauciflora2 - are you Ben's long lost son?
Hey Cult Figure, I didn't log on for a while over Christmas while we did some renos and when I tried to log back in as 'Pauciflora' Mud told me someone already had that name. I tried to explain that the person was me...........eventually, it just became easier to become 'Pauciflora 2'. Cheers, Ben

Howdy Partners, I gave the spray booth (Read old garden shed) a clean out this afternoon and sloshed a couple of bucket loads of water onto the floor to keep the dust down and then mixed up some Upol Raptor Liner. If anyone is wondering, a kit of tintable liner consists of four bottles of liner (750 ml each) and a 1000 ml of activator or hardener. This was plenty for underneath the cab, guards and side steps. Anyway here a couple of pics.

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

Cool! So what type of air compressor and gun do you need with this stuff? I've thought about using it on the inside floor of my cab because of the pitted metal that I didn't replace. But maybe that isn't a good idea (?).

Cool! So what type of air compressor and gun do you need with this stuff? I've thought about using it on the inside floor of my cab because of the pitted metal that I didn't replace. But maybe that isn't a good idea (?).
G'day Middlecalf,
The kit from Upol comes with a 'Schutz' spray gun. You mix a bottle of the Raptor Liner with 250 ml of the hardener, shake vigorously and then screw the disposable bottle onto the bottom of the gun. This stuff is pretty good at hiding blemishes and I reckon it would fill and hide most pitting. If you cleaned up any loose surface rust and treated it with some rust killer it would serve you well.
Cheers, Ben
PS. Don't do it in the garage. This stuff goes everywhere and gives off some seriously toxic fumes.

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom