Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you have it assembled by August? There's a 40 series run happening that I need a +1 for. This year 91 40's turned up!

It's really coming along nicely mate, love the extent that your going to on the body, i reckon it'll pay dividends when it's all said and done.

Hey Cult Man, Yep, I reckon August is doable. Lets lock it in, what do you reckon? Cheers, Ben
I'm mustard. Last one was in Vic High Country. Trying to find out where the next one is.

A quick update - I'm getting ready to flip Mario onto his back and spray some Raptor liner. I've also started to do some seam sealing.

IMG_9384.JPG

IMG_9388.JPG

IMG_9395.JPG

IMG_9391.JPG

IMG_9392.JPG

The schutz gun comes with the kit. The kit consists of four bottles of liner (750ml each) and 1 litre of hardener. Spraying the bottom of the cab I used two bottles. This enabled me to do two coats. The rest of the kit should enable me to do under the guards and the side steps.

IMG_9420.JPG

IMG_9421.JPG

IMG_9422.JPG

The Raptor Wrap

Texture & Air Pressure: I watched a couple of U-Pol videos on Youtube before I started. They suggested that the liner can be sprayed at anywhere from around 40 to 50 psi (3.0 to 3.5 bar) up to around 70 psi (@5 bar) and that if you want a smoother less textured finish, spray at a lower pressure. So the higher the pressure the more textured the finish. I wanted a reasonably smooth finish and set my regulator to 3.5 bar and it is still pretty textured.

Mixing tip: I mixed three products - liner, hardener and colour, in a separate container and then poured this back into the bottle (The bottles are designed to screw straight onto the bottom of the shutz gun) . This was a little messy, but I don't think you could adequately mix them together if you tried to mix the products together by pouring the hardener and colour into the bottle and shaking. This was also a U-Pol tip and worked pretty well.

Overall reasonable happy.

IMG_9434.JPG

IMG_9439.JPG

IMG_9425.JPG

IMG_9423.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom