For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

huh, weird, this is right near me, and :princess: would be extremely 😠
1673402180608.gif

That’s what I’m saying, I think that’s what held it back. It had everything else going for it. Diesel, triple locked, clean, very low miles. RHD is not a selling point, but I think pretty much anyone looking at diesels realizes it’s likely going to be a JDM, and the other I compared it to is also RHD.

I can honestly say after a year driving rhd it's seamless. I don't notice it all anymore.

Just ended at 29k. Didnt meet reserve. Purchased in 2021 on Bat for 39k. Pretty solid sign of where things are going in 2023.

back to reality?
excellent :D

I hate to burst anyone's bubbles - but you have to have a motivated or willing seller to actualize this decrease in prices.

The auction result indicates a lower value, but unless it's a no reserve auction or some other forced sale, sellers are going to resist losing money.

See the recent BaT No Reserve 80 auction where the seller threw a fit when it ended far below their unreasonable and unrealistic expectations. (No Reserve: Supercharged 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 40th Anniversary Edition - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-fzj80-37/)

I'm hopeful too that they will be willing to accept losses - but it's going to make for some unpleasant transactions.

Hi everyone, used to be a member here but i think my account got deleted from inactivity. anyways, looking at getting back into a rig and trying to gauge pricing. i’m looking at one this week. i’m currently stationed in Europe, and found one that i’m interested in but want some help for pricing. here are the details:

1993 HDJ80 VX LHD
547,xxx Km
1HD-T with 5-speed (not sure which model)
triple locked
some new parts installed (injectors, glow plugs, full fluids)
A/C and sunroof
it is visually in excellent condition. came from Belgium, currently on its third owner. underside is really nice, looks like maybe a recent frame coating, but the spots that it showed through were still clean. interior is probably 7-8/10.

crawled underneath and the engine is pretty wet on the sides. looks like maybe the power steering pump, but a lot of wetness. oil pan was dry though, just along the sides. looks like a lot has been apart, with RTV on the oil pan, transfer case, and axles. records only go back to this past July.

what do you guys think is a fair price. i’m just trying to make sure i’m coming in with a realistic price and not offering something insulting to the guy. the mileage and leaks concern me a little, but know if i get a good enough deal that an engine rebuild or transmission rebuild could still be affordable without ending up super upside down. hopefully this is a good spot for this question. thanks for the help!

For those in the know, does BAT usually want you to go no reserve right off the bat or why do they suggest that?

Without a reserve, the sale is guaranteed.
Yeah, but that’s not really a reason. Some people may not want to sell if it doesn’t go over a certain point. I just don’t see what difference it makes? Not trying to be combative, I’m just looking for a reason aside from a guaranteed sale.

Yeah, but that’s not really a reason. Some people may not want to sell if it doesn’t go over a certain point. I just don’t see what difference it makes? Not trying to be combative, I’m just looking for a reason aside from a guaranteed sale.
It is a reason. In fact it’s the only reason lol. If there is a reserve and it’s not met, that means they only collect the $100 listing fee. If the vehicle sells, that’s 5% of the sale price + the $100 listing fee in BAT’s pocket. Thats why they try and beat you down on the reserve or try and convince you to sell it at no reserve.

It depends on the condition/mileage. The owner of the BAT will review your vehicle and determine if its a no-reserve auction. If he says it would be a no-reserve...he wont allow you place a reserve on it. This covers his ass for the time/effort into putting your rig up for auction.

It is a reason. In fact it’s the only reason lol. If there is a reserve and it’s not met, that means they only collect the $100 listing fee. If the vehicle sells, that’s 5% of the sale price + the $100 listing fee in BAT’s pocket. Thats why they try and beat you down on the reserve or try and convince you to sell it at no reserve.
That tracks, thanks.

Other driving factors for no reserve auctions are that too many reserve auctions drive away buyers long term - fewer bidders want to take the time and effort if there is a growing number of listings that won't sell.

On a reserve auction there may also be fewer bids throughout the process as no one knows if the listing will meet reserve and fewer bids can mean less competition, less excitement and so on. Soon its not an auction but rather a used car listing. No reserve auctions bring more people out of the woodwork hoping they are the lucky winner getting a 'deal' and can breed more competition in some scenarios.

Long winded, but it is certainly to BaT's advantage to minimize the use of reserve prices to draw in bidders & ensure cars sell. Unless sellers are forced to sell rare high $$ examples at a heavy loss, in which case a reserve price would protect both the seller AND BaT's reputation to keep marketing high end cars.

You are right they battled me for 3 weeks on the reserve........ I recently listed a 93 FJ80 on BaT ---it sold for what I wanted to set the reserve at $50k, but they forced me to list with a reserve at 40k, which was ridiculous. When I asked them for data to support their position nothing came back.
One more point BaT gets paid when it sells.......the buyer / top bidder gets a charge on the credit card immediately when you bid, and then when the auction ends they get a their full 5% of the final price. BaT then drops out of the loop its up to the seller to close the transaction and the money.
If anybody what to better understand how this work "as a seller" let me know......... I learned a lot (txt 617.903.0213)
.mc

Hi everyone, used to be a member here but i think my account got deleted from inactivity. anyways, looking at getting back into a rig and trying to gauge pricing. i’m looking at one this week. i’m currently stationed in Europe, and found one that i’m interested in but want some help for pricing. here are the details:

1993 HDJ80 VX LHD
547,xxx Km
1HD-T with 5-speed (not sure which model)
triple locked
some new parts installed (injectors, glow plugs, full fluids)
A/C and sunroof
it is visually in excellent condition. came from Belgium, currently on its third owner. underside is really nice, looks like maybe a recent frame coating, but the spots that it showed through were still clean. interior is probably 7-8/10.

crawled underneath and the engine is pretty wet on the sides. looks like maybe the power steering pump, but a lot of wetness. oil pan was dry though, just along the sides. looks like a lot has been apart, with RTV on the oil pan, transfer case, and axles. records only go back to this past July.

what do you guys think is a fair price. i’m just trying to make sure i’m coming in with a realistic price and not offering something insulting to the guy. the mileage and leaks concern me a little, but know if i get a good enough deal that an engine rebuild or transmission rebuild could still be affordable without ending up super upside down. hopefully this is a good spot for this question. thanks for the help!
Sounds like the perfect truck.

There‘a an 80 on here for sale named “Betty White”. Listed at 35k. I’m interested, but I just don’t know the market. What do you think fair price for that rig is? I know it’s had quite a bit of work done to it. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom