For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

well the 93 is actually green but it is also very very well presented in photos and in its overall detailing. The black one is also very original but has had a very poor prep job and has been buffed by an idiot who got too agressive with the wheels and scuffed up the rubber moldings, mudflaps and who knows what else.

I like the 97 40th I have for the newer dash and the OBD2. You can always change out a grill and valance to retro /backdate one.

Ya know I have kind of tried to lay off a bit lately because of that very reason. I have followed BAT since its early email phase and only found it because I thought I wanted a "cheap" 1990's 911 for a toy. (which thankfully I avoided) I remember the first 80 listed and the days when we were begging for a 100 Series listing. Once they started doing comments and I started reading the expertise on there, I got hooked. I only try to add constructive things to the site comments, but I too have re-read my comments and felt like it was a little "fanboyish" :)

I have 5 Land Cruisers and have restored three 80's with great success. I have an automotive degree, ran a Toyota store, and I worked for Toyota USA for a number of years and lived through the launch of most of these trucks so I have a perspective that most do not have and those who do have don't enjoy the hobby as much as I do.

I guess I am supporting my collection values in a strange way by my consistent comments, but I really, enjoy BAT and IHMUD sites and appreciate its civilized content.
I'm waiting for your comment on the 44k mile 80 series, you never fail to disappoint on BAT.

I noticed @RKTINC ‘s comment. That’s how I’ll do with mine if I list it. The only owner, other than me, used it for hunting. It’s got low miles, but isn’t showroom perfect. I don’t want to cover anything up. This ‘94 seems like an honest presentation and I’m sure will go for food money.

Looking at a green '94 with 183k miles, central locked only, Florida truck so no major rust on the frame, no accidents.
Known issues include:
  • sealed sunroof
  • cracked dash
  • small rust spot on hood
  • faded bumpers
  • broken outer door handle
  • slow RR window motor
  • other misc. cosmetic things
What is a reasonable price for this thing in this condition? Owner wants $5,500 but I think I can talk him down a bit. Here are some pics:

86fa1d53-02af-4466-9da1-1a5c7f3fdd99.JPG
IMG_8037.jpg
IMG_8035.jpg
IMG_8042.jpg
IMG_8028.jpg

I would jump on it before someone else does, but make sure there's nothing big lurking like a blown headgasket, etc.
Looking at a green '94 with 183k miles, central locked only, Florida truck so no major rust on the frame, no accidents.
Known issues include:
  • sealed sunroof
  • cracked dash
  • small rust spot on hood
  • faded bumpers
  • broken outer door handle
  • slow RR window motor
  • other misc. cosmetic things
What is a reasonable price for this thing in this condition? Owner wants $5,500 but I think I can talk him down a bit. Here are some pics:

View attachment 2814122View attachment 2814125View attachment 2814126View attachment 2814129View attachment 2814130

I’m sure many of you saw this one pop up here on mud. I picked it up for full asking price of 17 which I felt was a good deal. When I spoke to the seller, he mentioned I was the first one who contacted him and there were plenty after me. He also mentioned people offered him less than asking without even seeing the vehicle. I bought it based on a leap of faith being as how I’m in HI right now and I am confident of my decision.

Super clean with 3 previous owners, 206k on the clock and stock except the tires. Yes, factory 3x locked but more important than that, solid ownership history and in just phenomenal condition inside and out.
A3523A02-2355-436E-AC13-88D8DECD9E80.jpeg
017C6EE6-77EB-4200-B43A-C0357BED27AB.jpeg
76B2772D-A342-4CC2-8FB1-CE17260CB266.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw a 94 with 147Kmiles for $4500 3 years ago. Seriously regret for not buying it then. Not blaming anyone here. I think a Nissan Patrol Y62 (Nissan Armada) is also a good 4x4 and I am for the first time thinking of moving into a Nissan as I can get a 2022 4x4 0 miles for $52K while a 2010 200 series with 100K miles goes for the same price.

@Ossy did you buy the green '94? Seems like a killer deal! Bummer about the cracked dash but an 80 right now with under 200k miles for around 5k is a steal

@Ossy did you buy the green '94? Seems like a killer deal! Bummer about the cracked dash but an 80 right now with under 200k miles for around 5k is a steal
Not yet- It's still available and I'm still interested but I've just been doing some research before going in head first. I'm going to meet again with the seller tomorrow and talk about a PPI and maybe test for the head gasket. I'm just worried about serious issues lurking under the cosmetic things as another user pointed out.

Not yet- It's still available and I'm still interested but I've just been doing some research before going in head first. I'm going to meet again with the seller tomorrow and talk about a PPI and maybe test for the head gasket. I'm just worried about serious issues lurking under the cosmetic things as another user pointed out.
Cold feet. I get that. Happens to all of us. My buddy got cold feet on the day of his wedding and no less than an hour after he left his to-be bride standing all by herself, she eloped with someone else (when in Vegas). We’ve been happily married for 18 years and have 4 beautiful children. My buddy is no longer my buddy because after he ran out on the wedding he got hooked on meth and now has bad skin, no teeth, no wife, and no land cruiser. He skinny tho.

Last edited:
@Ossy What's the seller's contact details? I'll talk to them for you and get you a better deal, honest. (I promise I'm not driving a trailer towards FL as I type this).

Is there any value in separating threads for 91-92 3FE sales prices and 93-97's? Seems to me we should be tracking them both separately, since they are looked at so completely differently amongst this community and since the prices are increasing at seemingly different rates for each.

Or people have come to their senses and realized they're not worth the inflated prices
This is 'Murica. We reserve the right to not come to our senses, especially when money and vehicles are concerned.

👆 Kinda expected that one to go higher. Maybe the market is leveling?

He didn't bother to really clean/ detail the LC (looked like a leak at the bell housing, shifter leather was beat up, etc)......I bet if he had, and had addressed a few small things, it would have gone for $45k to $50k......

He didn't bother to really clean/ detail the LC (looked like a leak at the bell housing, shifter leather was beat up, etc)......I bet if he had, and had addressed a few small things, it would have gone for $45k to $50k......
Don't leave out the third row seat being all cockeyed. He could've presented the truck better but even still, I have to wonder if the market is leveling.

In short, no, the prices for well presented 80’s is certainly not going down by any means. The truck would have gone for more if the seller had fixed the crooked bumper and put 33” tires on it.

There’s quite a few factors going into this truck not going for more. Namely the accident and the bumper still being crooked as a result. There were also questions regarding the mileage being legit from the peanut gallery in the comments section. Also, although my FJ62 is pretty much the same color, it’s probably the worst color you can get besides some of the 2 tone combos on a cruiser. Beige on a stock 80 series and 31” tires is about as bad as an 80 series can get looks wise without damage, and the seller decided to post pictures of the truck damaged as well. These are things that people with the big bucks are not looking for.

There was a facelifted white truck that sold for $50,000 a couple weeks back that was on bat last year and pulled $33k iirc. Presentation is everything and my advice to those selling stock trucks in addition to great pictures and cleanliness is to throw some 33” tires on it. Probably the best thing you can do to a stock truck in terms of looks. You will definitely see a return on the $1,200 you spend on some 285/75r16 bfg all terrains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom