Mort's 76 FJ55 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha. I got that hitch today from manafrelv.
It's been so hot here in Moab it was 113* today so I didn't get a chance to get out in it. I'm going to try tomorrow morning. This thing is drivable but just barely. The transmission is leaking some every time I drive it. I need to cut up the oil pan so the front driveline doesn't rub when it flexes and my turn signals are bipolar. And the old bumper with rust looks strange with how shiny the rest of the cruiser is.
3E95A07F-6E70-4E73-A338-3E3C13C27AC6.jpeg

Last edited:
I just don't see this thing getting finished this century if I keep working like I have been. We had a bunch of pilots quit and one crashed and broke his back so we are down 6 pilots right now. I'll probably be working the rest of the year after July. Are there any good shops in Utah, Colorado or even Vegas area that could finish up some things for me and possibly rewire it?
Also, it's the first time it's happened but it went from a little dark smoke on acceleration to white smoke on acceleration. I need to read up on that. I'm wondering if it has something to do with how hot it's running in this heat.

DDECC335-A6A9-40B9-9EFA-0CBF177572DE.jpeg

One pic on the whole last page (which started in December) posted by @PabloCruise . Where’s the pics of this rig you have? That’s 90% of the reason we come here!
Lol. I got Covid mid January and then went to work the beginning of February and have been out of town at work since. I'll try to do better. Haha.

She’s a beauty!

White smoke I always think head gasket, but I’m sure it could be other things too.

I hear you on the work vs play (wrench) balance

Looks great, hope you get time to finish it yourself sometime soon.
You'll never be happy with someone else's work. The one job I hired out was a complete crap show and now I need to make time to redo their work.

Looks great, hope you get time to finish it yourself sometime soon.
You'll never be happy with someone else's work. The one job I hired out was a complete crap show and now I need to make time to redo their work.
There's a lot of truth to that. The air box I got off of you, I had a guy that was supposed be a really good welder weld it up. He warped the crap out of it and it looks bad. It's getting close to being a driving project which is where I want to be. It's easy to get bogged down when it's just sitting in a garage. I get excited about driving it and it motivates me.

I've realized I don't have the time or energy to finish this pig. I keep thinking I'll be able to get back on it then life happens again. I moved to Phoenix AZ and thats where the vehicle is and I'll be posting it her locally in the next few days. Like everyone else I have way too much in this rig and know I won't get it back out. If anyone is interested in it you can contact me at Mtnmort@gmail.com or call 208-881-4641. I appreciate all the help you guys have given me over the years and I feel a little guilty selling it but it's just going to sit in my garage for the unforeseeable future.

I'm not sure what the market is like right now for these. I also have spare parts that would go with it. New over under transfer case gears, a random weather stripping, 4bt adapter plate for Chevy automatic transmission. Carpet, 2 extra brand new tires and rims, good condition tailgate handle. More stuff but I'd have to dig through stuff to figure out what all I have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom