More trouble with the ‘85 pickup elock swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m just going to skip the backstory for now. This is the elock actuator that came with my Craigslist differential. I figured I’d just open it up and re-grease. I found more than I bargained for…

I’ve got the wiring harness, I’ve got the fancy Toyota grease, and I’ve got the re-rebuilt-regeared differential. If someone has a actuator in serviceable condition, I really don’t want to attempt to fix this one :/

531F0939-BEA9-432A-B6FB-932CC93680AF.jpeg

118335F3-0E27-46BF-BED7-562C37E5B5B0.jpeg

Mine was in worse shape. I looked for a used one for a while, but then bought one from aisin brand new.
I’m baffled. How can so much mud even get in there? The seals look old, but otherwise totally fine.

If money was no object I’d go that route too. Being that it is, and that all the sub $400 parts from the UAE are back ordered, I’m in a bit of a pickle.

Check Rockauto. After the Aisin suggestion above I looked and they might sell it for around $200. Don't forget the 5% MUD discount code.

Code here:

I’m just going to skip the backstory for now. This is the elock actuator that came with my Craigslist differential. I figured I’d just open it up and re-grease. I found more than I bargained for…

I’ve got the wiring harness, I’ve got the fancy Toyota grease, and I’ve got the re-rebuilt-regeared differential. If someone has a actuator in serviceable condition, I really don’t want to attempt to fix this one :/

View attachment 2895266

View attachment 2895267
What your index finger is no is the breather and it's full of mud, I think it was coming in through there.

Check Rockauto. After the Aisin suggestion above I looked and they might sell it for around $200. Don't forget the 5% MUD discount code.
Search up an 80series on RockAuto, that's where I found them...nothing came up for Tacos or 4Runners.

Search up an 80series on RockAuto, that's where I found them...nothing came up for Tacos or 4Runners.
They have for the rear of a 80 but there north of $400. 🤷‍♂️

I was looking at this one.
1643065151922.png

With out seeing the base hard to tell witch one ;)

Dang, that is more than a discount dealer. Usually Aisin aftermarket is way less.

I bought my Aisin replacement actuator fro
Rock auto and I am pretty happy with mine. The one I took off was ten times worse than yours.

Edit:

Sorry didn’t read over the rest of the comments but mine was for my landcruiser I don’t know if the actuators are different on different models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom