More pre purchase help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EStein

SILVER Star
Threads
I thought about putting this in the classified section but since it’s more of an education for me, this seems more appropriate.

Here’s another I’ve been looking at. The buyer seems honest and responds quickly. The rust scares me a bit. Also just let me know that the heater fan is toast as well as some other items listed in the ad.

I’d think prob 6-8k to have a shop fix the rust issues? Is that realistic? I’m fairly mechanical and I’ve always wanted to learn to weld… Would it be realistic that I could fix these areas myself with a little help? The guys on YouTube make it look “easy“!

He said the engine was rebuilt by his uncle who is a master machinist about eight years ago. Most everything is original.
The black patches are covering rot.

What do you think a fair price would be for this 40? Should I run away and keep looking? 15k it’s about where I’m at budget wise if I find the right one.

Couple more photos he sent me. Undercoat is cracking but he said the frame is in good shape.

55E9F3A6-25FD-40FF-9AF3-3ECE42F3F054.jpeg

6E72E454-8940-4420-97C8-CB42864F6F73.jpeg

526E6AEA-C4EC-4523-AE10-EB4966B8FB58.jpeg

Really? Seller insinuating that he’s had it 10 years and his uncle rebuilt the engine? you sure it’s the same one? I’ll dig deeper.

don't believe the odometer mileage, there is no telling whether it could have 100K or 200K more

also, where is all that wetness coming from on the driver side frame ?

don't believe the odometer mileage, there is no telling whether it could have 100K or 200K more

also, where is all that wetness coming from on the driver side frame ?

That wetness looks like brake fluid. Look at the frame and see it cleaned the undercoating off.

meh...doesn't look that bad on the rust front...however check the top of the rear quarter panels where the roof attaches. We always are posting about this rust on the bottom rear sill and quarter panels...but that one looks like its got some issues along the back roofline. That is NOT the original radio (cassettes in 1976....nope).

meh...doesn't look that bad on the rust front...however check the top of the rear quarter panels where the roof attaches. We always are posting about this rust on the bottom rear sill and quarter panels...but that one looks like its got some issues along the back roofline. That is NOT the original radio (cassettes in 1976....nope).
Haha! Good point!

air cleaner is not original, either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom