Monstaliner Bedliner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Monster is running a sale through the fifth. 15% off
8DB89082-7DE6-4252-A2E6-CEF8CF41E9E8.png
4D6D4074-5599-477C-AF9B-5A2EF6125CC3.png

I only roll Monstaliner. Never liked the texture of the spray. This is our 7th ML job.

J

I've rolled a couple things but they have had a rougher texture. I just assumed spraying would be smoother. Do you thin the ML? Is your process in this thread somewhere?

I've rolled a couple things but they have had a rougher texture. I just assumed spraying would be smoother. Do you thin the ML? Is your process in this thread somewhere?

I don't thin it. Key is to not do the final roll too late. The longer you wait the rougher it is. ML self levels up to a certain point.

J

So many nice looking trucks in here.

I'm seriously considering using Monstaliner on my 2013 Tacoma, but wondering if the season is running out on me here in Minnesota.

What's the coldest temp range I can realistically roll on Monstaliner? Oct is typically 50's during the day, but I'm sure we'll have a few 60-70 degree days thrown in.

Also, as far as preparation, my plan is to use a DA sander on all the surfaces, and then follow up with a good MEK wipedown. Seems like that's what most people are doing with success. Are there any other additional steps I should take for plastics (fender flares)?

Thanks

I was looking into doing the area where my fender flares were but am trying to figure out a way to fill the holes without filling them permanently. Anyone have experience with this ?

I was looking into doing the area where my fender flares were but am trying to figure out a way to fill the holes without filling them permanently. Anyone have experience with this ?

I've seen people use adhesive backed aluminum tape and coat over it after priming. Can't get the tape off afterwards but you could punch through it if needed in the future. Do you have easy access to the back sides of the holes?

126427879_3575950799138040_241780258130807904_n.jpg

Black Friday 2020 Deal is Live!
Now thru Sunday 11/29 @ Midnight - Get 15% off any Monstaliner order of $150 or greater.
Coupon Code: BF20-15
Standard shipping rates apply.
Place all orders @ www.shop.monstaliner.com
Conditions: Valid only for online orders placed at www.shop.monstaliner.com on the dates provided.
Discounts or deals cannot be applied to past or future orders. Please ask questions if you don’t understand something and please do not complete an order if the code is not working for you. We’ve tested all codes and they do work. Any orders received with notes as to non-working codes will be shipped as received and you are out of luck on the deal. Magnet Paints/Monstaliner is not responsible for technical issues that may prevent customers for placing orders during the promotional periods.

I've seen people use adhesive backed aluminum tape and coat over it after priming. Can't get the tape off afterwards but you could punch through it if needed in the future. Do you have easy access to the back sides of the holes?

I will do that , unfortunately not right now , cruiser is filled with drawer system and gear . Do you think the aluminum tape will be visible through the paint ?

Don't use tape. The liner does not stick well to the tape, and will eventually flake off.

I'm sure with an eye towards prepping the take with scuffing and primer it can be made it work well, but my own rig was done with tape with poor results.

I will do that , unfortunately not right now , cruiser is filled with drawer system and gear . Do you think the aluminum tape will be visible through the paint ?

I used aluminum tape and have had no problems. I made sure to scuff and acetone my tape as well. The tape is still slightly visible under the Monstaliner, but it's not very noticeable. A couple more coats would probably fix it. Mine is black. Not sure how noticeable it is with different tints though...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom