Mod: Extending range of keyless entry (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Called Mouser today and spoke with technician. Looks like the connector for Door Control Receiver 89741-60060 could be proprietary to Toyota.

It looks to be a 15 pin. Are their any markings or part numbers on the connector attached to Door Control Receiver Box?

Did anyone look to see where the wiring went on the other end? I called Toyota and they were no help.

Trying my best to come up with a harness extension option here.

07303202-1E13-4172-B265-DD237F4E739E.jpeg

Called Mouser today and spoke with technician. Looks like the connector for Door Control Receiver 89741-60060 could be proprietary to Toyota.

It looks to be a 15 pin. Are their any markings or part numbers on the connector attached to Door Control Receiver Box?

Did anyone look to see where the wiring went on the other end? I called Toyota and they were no help.

Trying my best to come up with a harness extension option here.

View attachment 1880349

I chatted with FindPigtails.com this morning. They have a product listed as "Toyota Landcruiser Keyless Entry Antenna (N11A0)" but not available to buy. I sent him a picture of the connector from the FSM (below) and he then said he could get that connector, with 10" pigtails, within 2-3 days for $75. He would not give me the part numbers.

IMG_3278.JPG

Could this work???

F60DA831-7D67-4B00-853A-B9CA1383FCA4.jpeg

Looks like the radio on older Toyota’s use the same connectors

440E81E8-AED1-4E63-A42F-C96FDEDAB24F.jpeg

6E812943-3F6C-43C8-85C7-5304E98DD611.jpeg

822046A5-53C9-4EA6-9ADE-8FA402301B1E.jpeg

I can also get that to you in 2 days for $75. ;)

Looks like it has potential.....but running a bundle of wires is way worse than running a small coax.

And could you use this end???

Do we have a plug and play solution here???

9A13DFD1-1006-4A77-8BEA-94A5BBA278FA.jpeg

@suprarx7nut

Do you think this would work?

I will buy/ship connectors to you if you think you can build it. Will be the test pilot for this project...

Ok, I confirm that the 15-pin Metra harness connector will work! My Keyless Entry box harness can plug into my OEM head unit. (I didn't plug it all the way in so I wouldn't short anything, but all the pins and plastic divider tabs line up and it slides in easily.)

Good thing you found both male & female sides too. This would be plug-n-play if you extend all the used wires long enough to reach wherever you want to mount the box. Leading contender is right behind the cup holders.

I could buy the connectors and extend the wires for you, no problem. Want to go that route?
Let’s do it!!! I will send you a PM with my address.

Will settle up with you for parts and your time.

It will be tight, but I think I can get box vertically mounted behind my radio. If not, I can get it mounted vertically right behind front cup holder up against the center console box.

I am still having the same issue, could the fobs themselves be worn out? It came with two that were epoxied together. 1 worked and the other was dead. I bought the yota md shell and put in the guts from the non working fob and installed a new battery. 2 times it has worked from 20+ feet away once before the mod and once after.

I am still having the same issue, could the fobs themselves be worn out? It came with two that were epoxied together. 1 worked and the other was dead. I bought the yota md shell and put in the guts from the non working fob and installed a new battery. 2 times it has worked from 20+ feet away once before the mod and once after.
Actually, is there any extra solder in the area circled below? If the silver top of the large part is shorted to its sides, then that part may not be working right. Try to remove any solder that may be jumpering between the top & sides of it.

First clean any junk from the soldering iron tip by wiping it on a wet sponge while hot. Then gently heat up that part and try to wick away any extra solder.
9467C16F-791B-40B6-A4BE-2ED3D75C289E.jpeg

@Ayune Maybe update the OP to list those that have tried and succeeded on this mod? Seems like 3 so far. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom