SOLD Missouri: 1989, BJ73 Crawler SOLD (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
We imported & built this BJ73 ourselves.
Its evolution and final form are documented in the following link.

Why are we selling??? The boys are getting older and we just aren't using much. This combined with rising college tuition has led us to this sad decision.
We love the BJ but it's time for her to go to a new home.

Here are some of the highlights:
80 series axels, strong 3B engine, 5spd manual, 37” Maxxis Creepy Crawlers. Rolls down the hwy at 65 and is a monster off-road. If you’ve seen seen her in action you know. My favorite configuration is summer mode (see pics) but I have a hardtop, side doors, & full rear doors for winter. Custom front bumper and rocksliders. 4x4Labs rear bumper with modular swing outs (spare tire; basket; 2 bike rack {not pictured}). Top of the line Comeup Winch. AC and heater work great! Clean MO title; licensed & road legal. $17,400 obo… More pics and video upon request.
232,000 KM (144,000 miles)

979F7E2A-F928-4055-BE35-71DCB1463D1B.JPG

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

Last edited:
We imported & built this BJ73 ourselves.
Its evolution and final form are documented in the following link.

Why are we selling??? The boys are getting older and we just aren't using much. This combined with rising college tuition has led us to this sad decision.
We love the BJ but it's time for her to go to a new home.

Here are some of the highlights:
80 series axels, strong 3B engine, 5spd manual, 37” Maxxis Creepy Crawlers. Rolls down the hwy at 65 and is a monster off-road. If you’ve seen seen her in action you know. My favorite configuration is summer mode (see pics) but I have a hardtop, side doors, & full rear doors for winter. Custom front bumper and rocksliders. 4x4Labs rear bumper with modular swing outs (spare tire; basket; 2 bike rack {not pictured}). Top of the line Comeup Winch. AC and heater work great! Clean MO title; licensed & road legal. $17,400 obo… More pics and video upon request.
232,000 KM (144,000 miles)

View attachment 3538392

View attachment 3538393

View attachment 3538394

View attachment 3538395

View attachment 3538396
Oh man, that is a killer rig. I remember that was the first built 7X series I had ever seen (SAS2 I think) and it it is sweet.
GLWS

I have seen this on the trail. Amazing rig, and amazing build. GLWS.

Gotta love a 73 series!

Man If I hadn't just bought three other cars in the last two months I would be all over this. I am pretty sure 73 series is going to be my next adventure rig after my 62 gets retired.

Man If I hadn't just bought three other cars in the last two months I would be all over this. I am pretty sure 73 series is going to be my next adventure rig after my 62 gets retired.

Same, if I had the $16k (to blow) I would have bought it yesterday.

Cheers

We would have loved seeing what adventures you’d have gotten into with it…. I have a 6.0 LS with 4L80 I’d consider throwing in if that helps😎

is the truck 12v or 24v body electrics?

Great rig and solid owners , seen this one in action up close many times . It probably cost around double the asking price to build one .

This should go quick

Fell in love with this one first time ai saw it in at the off road park in Little Rock. I would be throwing the checkbook at you if I thought I could get used to wheeling a RHD. Some lucky mfer is going to end up with a beast of a trail rig.

Fell in love with this one first time ai saw it in at the off road park in Little Rock. I would be throwing the checkbook at you if I thought I could get used to wheeling a RHD. Some lucky mfer is going to end up with a beast of a trail rig.
Oh wow... thanks man. I appreciate the comment

Reading the classifieds can be torturous.

I keep thinking about selling my car and getting a short/med wheelbase cruiser for things the Troopy isn't good at, like carrying passengers or navigating tight trails.

I want to walk up to the house and see two 70 series, both with 4x4 Labs armor, parked in my driveway.

I want to agonize over which rig I should take on desert adventures.

I want to stop saying I can't take a trail because I don't want to bash the top on the Troopy.

But having two old school mechanical beasts as my sole transportation is probably not the smartest move. And 3 cars would be too much stuff.

Someone needs to buy this rig so I can stop thinking about it.

Last edited:
Oh man, that is a killer rig. I remember that was the first built 7X series I had ever seen (SAS2 I think) and it it is sweet.
GLWS
Agreed! Killer rig. I'd love to have it.

Awesome. Congrats to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom