Missing pages in FSM for airbag diagnostics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

First post from a very long time reader. I own a 1997 LX450 in Norway, apparently the only one!

It was a bit run down when I bought it, so I've been busy rebuilding knuckles, hubs, brakes, track rod, drag link, about to rebush everywhere, lots of work.

I recently had the dreaded airbag light come on, and have successfully done the reset using the engine bay module according to the FSM, but the light comes back again around a minute or so after starting the engine.

I don't have any diagnostic tools, and was about to read my FSM on how to read the airbag light codes, when I discovered I'm missing 2 pages from my FSM! I'm missing pages DI-236 and DI-237, exactly the pages I needed to diagnose my airbag light! This makes me wonder how many other pages I'm missing from the FSM.

If anyone could help out and provide the missing pages from my LX450 FSM I'd really appreciate it!

Best from Norway

Mark

Thanks for the link!

Hey again,

After following the procedure in the FSM to output codes by shorting between E1 and Tc, I get no codes at all, and no change to the airbag light, just the constant flashing on/off. Checked the voltage across E1 and Tc and it was over 13V. I think the diagnostic module is ok. Following the next steps is to ground the airbag assembly ECU itself through the back of the connector, but I'm not keen to try that myself. I'm getting a code reader on the module tomorrow, so I'm hoping it might find a code, but I'm concerned that all of the above may mean the airbag ECU is unhappy and potentially needs a reset.

I am not sure if airbag ECU's can be reset in Norway, what is everyone doing in the US if they need to reset the airbag ECU?

Hopefully I'll have some more code info tomorrow if the local mechanic can read the module!

Best

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom