Might be looking for work :-( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty good recap now that its public, shame, our chip roadmap was kick ass, upwards of 48 cores with half the tdp and cost of intel

Qualcomm Plans Exit From Server Chips

That business line cannot just be shuttered - someone needs to buy it. ARM in the DC has so much promise, and as Spectre and Meltdown show, the monopoly has to be broken.

I sent a linkedin connect request, too. Friend of mine is part of the group working on DC stuff at the Qcomm Research site in Raleigh area.

Hey Folks, thanks so much for the support. Just and update and closure to this thread. Ive received an offer at a similar chip design company and will be responding to it accepting next week. Flew out to interview this past week, great company, pretty much they are in the same spot that my current company was in 5 years ago in terms of challenges, so looking forward to guiding them through all our mistakes to make them better. We have been talking for a few weeks, they were willing to wait until i got my severance and push out the start date. Unfortunately, my current company internally transferred me into another group, but my scope diminished drastically. So its time to move on. Now comes the hard part, which is giving my notice, and start handing over the projects that are still ongoing. I might take a few weeks off before the start of my new position. I do want to thank everyone for the advice and words of encouragement. Im actually really excited about this change, something i realized i havent felt about my job in a long time.

Anyways, signing bonus..... the troopy needs some work, stay tuned for some changes!

Pictures of offer letter or it didn't happen.

Well today is the day that i put in my notice, leaving Qualcomm after 13 years. Taking a month or so off, then starting at Nvidia August 6th. Really excited for the work that they are going to be giving me. There are a lot of changes they are going to be going through in the next 5 years, glad to be onboard for the ride.

Again i really appreciate the support you guys have shown, all the PM's and texts. I have a second family with you fools. I really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom