MICTUNING dual voltmeter. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If it's Contura switch sized it will fit once the opening has been filed slightly larger.

Most of the reviews say it's too dim, but it also claims to draw relatively no current. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Looks like it could be a good solution though.

I put a panel in the back of the truck with USB, 12v monitor, and a switch to turn the panel on and off. The panel is near the fridge power so I can see battery voltage.

Reviews are right, it’s dim but it’s good though because it’s not to bright at night. It’s bright enough to glance at it and see what it reading though during the day.

D35AAFE0-5558-4AA4-88C2-82FB6B708903.jpeg

One thing I noticed is that when I have the main voltage switched off and the voltage reading on the AUX wired constant the main displays 0.0 even though there no power going to it. I need to add relay so the aux voltage will turn off with the key.

Last edited:
I can say trimming will be required to put in a 92. Mine arrived today and the width is about 2-3mm over.

Reviews are right, it’s dim but it’s good though because it’s not to bright at night. It’s bright enough to glance at it and see what it reading though during the day.

View attachment 1570429

One thing I noticed is that when I have the main voltage switched off and the voltage reading on the AUX wired constant the main displays 0.0 even though there no power going to it. I need to add relay so the aux voltage will turn off with the key.
Where did you get the fog light switch? I've been looking for one just like that.

Looks sweet. I personally like the bar graph momentary meters like the national luna or the T-max, its very easy to see the reserve capacity remaining in the battery just by glancing at how high and what color the bar is.
EEFR082_432_432_s_c1.jpg
dualbatteryT-Maxdisplay.jpg

• 12.6v is a good reference point for a healthy battery in standby, anything less indicates battery damage or decay
  • Orange Zone 12.0v - 11.6v: Most deep cycle batteries can be cycled into this zone without risk as long as they are fully charged afterward, however continued discharges to this zone will shorten the batteries lifespan
  • Red Zone 11.4v -11.0v (10% or less of charge state remaining): Discharges to these voltages will result in permanent damage to the battery
So like I said the bar graph offers a very fast visual reference on the batteries state of charge and health. To obtain an accurate resting battery voltage you need to have the battery at rest (no discharge or charging) for about 3-5 minutes to allow it to stabilize, then you can check the meter. Then you can turn on your headlights to apply a load while metering voltage. Obviously you will see the volt reading drop but you should see it dip and maintain that voltage, if the battery is in poor health you will see its voltage continue to decrease..

There are methods to breathe some life into older batteries -at least temporarily- by sulfate shedding and other methods. Its all pretty interesting but I'll spare you all the details, the googles can tell you more.

I would like to see a battery monitor that shows 3 batteries voltage and perhaps amp draw.

I prefer an actual voltage display - like the mictuning. I know what the voltage profile of an agm/wet cell/etc is, so give me the facts is 'good' enough. If I really need it, then a little printed cheat sheet for voltage vs state of charge will do. $17 for the mictuning unit is hard to beat, nice and compact and definitely very accurate from my measurements.

Anyhow, options and more options are always good :)

Measuring current would mean that a decent sized shunt resistor would be needed for each battery along with an additional pair of wires for sensing each shunt. Then you would want amp.hour, not just amp draw and be able to reset the 'stats'. At that point it may as well be a BT connected device that puts all the display/stats etc display/control onto an android/ios device :)

cheers,
george.

Measuring current would mean that a decent sized shunt resistor would be needed for each battery along with an additional pair of wires for sensing each shunt. Then you would want amp.hour, not just amp draw and be able to reset the 'stats'. At that point it may as well be a BT connected device that puts all the display/stats etc display/control onto an android/ios device :)

cheers,
george.

yes sir. I've been slowly developing my plan to integrate an arduino processor and wifi/bluetooth connectivity into my rig so I can data log and control many many systems. Being an engineer I'd love to data log information like: energy usage (fridges etc), energy production (solar & alt), charge states, engine temps, trans temps, ambient temps, cab temps. Plus arduino combined with a wireless board will allow me remote access and control of door locks, stereo, ignition, etc. Its all about how much programming and retrofitting I want to do, hell with enough retrofitting and programming I could set up HVAC control through my phone.

arduino has really opened the doors for data geeks like me.

yes sir. I've been slowly developing my plan to integrate an arduino processor and wifi/bluetooth connectivity into my rig so I can data log and control many many systems. Being an engineer I'd love to data log information like: energy usage (fridges etc), energy production (solar & alt), charge states, engine temps, trans temps, ambient temps, cab temps. Plus arduino combined with a wireless board will allow me remote access and control of door locks, stereo, ignition, etc. Its all about how much programming and retrofitting I want to do, hell with enough retrofitting and programming I could set up HVAC control through my phone.

arduino has really opened the doors for data geeks like me.
Arduino with an OLED display is badass. I too am an engineer and a geek for this stuff but my wife would kill me if I started yet another project.

I too know the plight of having 30 projects that never seem to move past 90-98% complete. This is one of my upcoming resolutions, I must punch out at least 4 of those 30 projects to 100%... So I can redesign it and start another project to 'revise' v1.... I may have a problem(s)

Thanks for the info on this and pictures. I think I am going to get one and use Georges mod for it. I love this forum and all the information. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom