Metal Tech Lower & Upper Links (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Do any of you run the Metal Tech upper and lower links? Metal Tech 4x4 100 Series Land Cruiser/LX470 Link Bundle stage 1 (upper & lower links)

I have a set of these on my 2000 LX470 and they have problems. The performance is good, but, they tend to snap and pop as I turn. I've made a call to MetalTech but they told me to tighten the jam nuts. I've already tightened these so many times, I just don't know what to do.

Anyway, I think the problem occurs due to the adjustable joint on one end. It looks like the joint twists and hits the side of the mounts every time I turn. It must be catching because the pop is pretty loud. The lower links and upper links both do it. I can fix the problem for a few days, but, the problem only comes back within a week.

Anyone else have this issue?

Mike

LINKS1__19324.1498614266.1280.1280.jpg

Is it the upper or lower links that are popping?
Curious because I want to get adjustable uppers, when I lift my truck.

I have a different companies set of links. Mine was making a popping sound from slight flex, I loosened the bolt making the noise and it stopped. But then started back a day later. I also have a popping sound when my rear articulates that I haven't figured out.
Interested in what you find is causing yours. I'm just dreading pulling them off as getting bolt holes to line up is such a huge PITA.

I just installed a set of these 2 weeks ago because my stock rear bushings were shot. I have only driven around town maybe 100 miles, but so far, so good. When I installed them, I did put some lock tite on the adjustable nuts to try to keep them from ever moving. Maybe you need to do this also? another idea, Is it possible you have bent mounting brackets from wheeling? I had a some beat up front, lower control arm brackets and had to straighten them out a bit before installing the new ones since I as working on that area. I have since installed some trail tailor lower control arm bracket skid plates to prevent further damage.

The bushing ends have the grease wash out/push out fairly easily. On road trips and long weekend trips I bring a grease gun.

Hi guys,

Do any of you run the Metal Tech upper and lower links? Metal Tech 4x4 100 Series Land Cruiser/LX470 Link Bundle stage 1 (upper & lower links)

I have a set of these on my 2000 LX470 and they have problems. The performance is good, but, they tend to snap and pop as I turn. I've made a call to MetalTech but they told me to tighten the jam nuts. I've already tightened these so many times, I just don't know what to do.

Anyway, I think the problem occurs due to the adjustable joint on one end. It looks like the joint twists and hits the side of the mounts every time I turn. It must be catching because the pop is pretty loud. The lower links and upper links both do it. I can fix the problem for a few days, but, the problem only comes back within a week.

Anyone else have this issue?

Mike

View attachment 1504486
Mine pop really loud. What’s the fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom