Master list of all rear drawer options for the 200-series Land Cruiser (US market only) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Dobinson drawers are about the same height as the second row folded down.

dobinsonsdrawers.jpeg

I can't seem to find any verbiage anywhere that states these drawers create a flat surface when the second row seats are folded. Do any (or all) do that? I want to pull the trigger on one of these pre-fab versions but cannot decide which one might have the perfect height to match the second row seat backs. I guess I could measure..... But maybe someone here has practical info on that?

Did you resolve this? I'm in the same boat, more or less. I want one side of my LC to be a sleep platform, but the other side to be pretty much as is because of a very long, tall narrow portage requirement.

Did you resolve this? I'm in the same boat, more or less. I want one side of my LC to be a sleep platform, but the other side to be pretty much as is because of a very long, tall narrow portage requirement.
I did. I believe the best system for sleeping (or flat area) is the Air Down Gear Up system which actually has a sleeper option.

Also in the vicinity of 'flat' is Dobinsons.

I went with ADGU. Ordered it today.

Both Trekboxx and Goose Gear also have 2nd row systems that allow for a full length sleeper. They both replace portions (or all) of the second row seating.

I have an ADGU premier system with a 60/40 sleeper, and it is a good product dollar for dollar. Their second row/sleeper support piece is a bit of a skeletal solution, but it works. I used it for ~10,000 miles this summer.

I just ordered a Trekboxx Bravo system with the second row platform storage box option. It can run either or both of the 60/40 sections. Now that one of my kids is grown up, I generally leave the 60% section out. I will run the 60% section of the Trekboxx full time and add the 40% section for big trips.

Goose Gear - Ultimate Chef system....
100ah Li battery in the cabinet in front of the Fridge cabinet.
I need to order a partner stove.. My Large snow Peak Fire Pit slots in beside the fridge along with the toilet, chair, poles, etc. The system is reality versatile.

Bonus is that it is fairly easy to remove the main cabinets, only takes 15 minutes or so and just leaves the battery cabinet in place. The 12v outlets move to Pass side rear panel when I do this.

I think it may be one of the lighter systems as well

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

Thought these should be added to the list. The less expensive setup with wings looks like it's $899 shipped in the US. Similar to the Land Shark KISS concept in complexity: 200 Series Land Cruiser/LX570 Ultralite Drawer System | SHW Offroad - https://shwoffroad.com/product/200-series-land-cruiser-lx570-ultralite-drawer-system/

The fancier setup looks comparable to some of the more expensive setups.

Here is the 200 series section.

If we end up getting some we'll do a video of the install and our thoughts, but the lead time is a bit too much for the rush we're in to get this truck finished and back to mapping work. After speaking with the company it sounds like a killer simple setup. Nothing to break, not much if anything to squeak and it's super lightweight.

Cheers,

Thought these should be added to the list. The less expensive setup with wings looks like it's $899 shipped in the US. Similar to the Land Shark KISS concept in complexity: 200 Series Land Cruiser/LX570 Ultralite Drawer System | SHW Offroad - https://shwoffroad.com/product/200-series-land-cruiser-lx570-ultralite-drawer-system/

The fancier setup looks comparable to some of the more expensive setups.

Here is the 200 series section.

If we end up getting some we'll do a video of the install and our thoughts, but the lead time is a bit too much for the rush we're in to get this truck finished and back to mapping work. After speaking with the company it sounds like a killer simple setup. Nothing to break, not much if anything to squeak and it's super lightweight.

Cheers,
Thanks for the link. Will edit the original post later this week.

I have the Rugged Bound (Big Country 4x4) in my FZj80. Super clean, and I posted a video on how to install. Definitely in my top 3 upgrades on the 80. I have several friends that have some of the other model drawers listed, and we compared and verdict is Rugged Bound is the best fitting, cleanest look. Bearing are quiet and function is top. A couple of my 80 series friends mentioned if they had to do it again, they'd go Rugged Bound, but were unaware of them when they pulled the trigger.
I just ordered the Roof Rack, awning and drawer system for my 200. I will post a video once I have it installed.
Video of the 80 series install:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom