Magnetic tow lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gold Boy

🇨🇦 🇺🇸
SILVER Star
Threads
Canadian tire - Magnetic Tow lights # 20-3949-8
2 X 24volt replacement bulbs for magnetic tow lights.
Hitch Co 24 volt 3-1 converter - Macs Auto Parts.

Sorry for lack of part numbers, if I find them I will post them.

I have used this system with succsess, the magnetic lights means I can use the 24 volt lights on any trailer.

My boat trailer has surge brakes so I do not have to worry about electric brakes.

The 24 volt 3-1 converter comes with schematics.

:beer:

GB
Picture 096.jpg
Picture 095.jpg
Picture 099.jpg

i have been running the industrial magnetic rubber ones for years now, i just love them. snap them on to what ever i am towing and i am set to go.
you will never regret it.
congrates

Thanks

Part # 861048 from Macs Auto Parts, Princeton speak to Gordon.

GB

Try this part # at lordco as well.

Last edited:
I just wanted to add that the total parts cost came to just over $100 CAN, not bad value I think.

GB

Gold Boy said:
Canadian tire - Magnetic Tow lights # 20-3949-8
2 X 24volt replacement bulbs for magnetic tow lights.
Hitch Co 24 volt 3-1 converter - Macs Auto Parts.

Sorry for lack of part numbers, if I find them I will post them.

I have used this system with succsess, the magnetic lights means I can use the 24 volt lights on any trailer.

My boat trailer has surge brakes so I do not have to worry about electric brakes.

The 24 volt 3-1 converter comes with schematics.

:beer:

GB

Cool, and good info. I assume that this converter marries the brake to the turn signal, as the Cruiser wiring system uses seperate circuts for brake, running, and one for each turn signal, requiring a 4-wire (plus ground),

Thanks

gb

Greg_B said:
Cool, and good info. I assume that this converter marries the brake to the turn signal, as the Cruiser wiring system uses seperate circuts for brake, running, and one for each turn signal, requiring a 4-wire (plus ground),

Thanks

gb

Thanks

Yes that is how its done.

GB

Just wondering Gold Boy,does your converter only have 2 wires coming out of it,green and yellow,the brown and white wire do not connect to the converter,they connect straight to the trucks wire harness? 3 wires running into it,red, green and yellow.Looks like yours might have all 4 wires running out of it.Lordco has one but the part # was 861048-1 and he could not find another.Seems like it would still do the same job.
Thanks James..

Last edited:
GB the 861048-1 converter works great,no one down at the local Lordco had any idea what this thing was,they had it in a miscellaneous electrical box.I think it might be a earlier version of the one you have.Looked liked yours has silicone seal at the wire outlets and complete set of wires running out of it instead of just 2 like mine has.I originally tried a regular one sold by Draw-tite prt #DT18130 that I had at work,actually worked well but did a test of lights,brake and hazard running for 10 minutes and it started to heat up,would have liked to see if it would have held up,not sure if it is normal for that unit to get warm ,but did not want to risk the converter doing a melt down in the cruiser...:frown:
James...

So just to confirm 861048-1 converter is in your 74 and working well...

Thats

Great :)

GB

Sorry GB,yes the converter is in the 74 and working well,just have to make up a hitch for the trailer and its ready for hauling the dirtbikes.Now I just have to figure out what to off-road the bikes or the cruiser??
Thanks James

Last edited:
Having a problem with my trailer lights. I put 24 bulbs into my tent trailer. clearance is fine. However when the lights are on the signal as well as the brake lights a very dim. The bulbs I used are a #1662 double filiment 24 v. Have I the right bulb? (I put the 1557 12 v in and it worked as usaul although it overheated due to 24 v )

Magnetic lights are handy, but my set just got destroyed. I had them on my M101 and its hard to get a good surface on there, hit a bump and one fell off at 100 kmph and was reduced to garbage in seconds.

Also I was a little upset when I bought them that the distance between them was not sufficent enough to go to each side on a narrow M101. Luckily I had some extra wire and was able to cut and splice in a to make it longer. As I still had to drive from Edmonton to Smithers with it. Funny the magnet mounts held for 1200 kms but fell of on a local trip afterwards. Oh well I got my money out of them in the one trip.

you don't have to use magnetic lights with this system, just replace the 12v trailer light bulbs with 24v light bulbs.

Thread revival.
Is there a newer version of the 24V Logic Circuit adapter anyone has found. I am going to wire my M416 with a simple 4 pin with LEDs and I have not been able to locate a 24v brake/turn adapter.

EDIT: I guess I was not looking hard enough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom