LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone found a way to display fuel range? I tried my bluetooth OBD-II scanner (veepak brand from amazon) but it wouldn't connect with the Teyes. Leads me to believe that only the Teyes OBD scanner is compatibile.

I've been able to use torque pro with mine. Have to go through the phone Bluetooth pairing

Great thread, just purchased the Teyes yesterday (2006 LX470). Curious, if I didn't buy the TPMS kit, will the flashing yellow TPMS on the gauge cluster come on? Thanks again!

Great thread, just purchased the Teyes yesterday (2006 LX470). Curious, if I didn't buy the TPMS kit, will the flashing yellow TPMS on the gauge cluster come on? Thanks again!
Nope! Works fine and you can still check your tire pressure with an obd2 app like obdlink

Attach40_20230210_161202.png

Latest Android Auto with Coolwalk on the CC3...

3) The solution for all of this is to rewire the G plug as shown above. That will get the LXs working. Then there needs to be four more pins/wires inserted into the remaining blanks (the negative speaker outputs) and those should be tied to ground on the same truck harness (pin 20). That socket is R36 on LC and R37 on LX.

Has anyone figured out the connectors for the Teyes harness yet? I can try adding the ground connections to the Teyes harness, but I have no idea which connector fits that harness.

I haven't read every single post in this thread, but what I'm seeing is that this is a pretty reliable unit to run in an 04LX? My touch screen is crapped out so I have minimal AC control, and I'd rather update the whole unit if possible than try to replace the digitizer.

I haven't read every single post in this thread, but what I'm seeing is that this is a pretty reliable unit to run in an 04LX? My touch screen is crapped out so I have minimal AC control, and I'd rather update the whole unit if possible than try to replace the digitizer.
Correct.

How about use for the lc100 2004 Landcruiser…the Teyes site shows most of the work around, as well as these 24 pages (read it all) are very detailed. Too much risk of the “humming”? Or worth taking the chance? I see stability for the LX version, but worried because I have the stock amplifier. Need a solution, my HU is flickering, on its last leg, thanks

LCs have issues. All depends on if you can live with them until a solution is found. Humming is persistent. Haven't tried the possible ground fix yet.

How about use for the lc100 2004 Landcruiser…the Teyes site shows most of the work around, as well as these 24 pages (read it all) are very detailed. Too much risk of the “humming”? Or worth taking the chance? I see stability for the LX version, but worried because I have the stock amplifier. Need a solution, my HU is flickering, on its last leg, thanks
What otter said. Nobody has an LC working without the hum. I'm certain it's solvable by someone with the right wiring diagrams, patience, and understanding, but it's really hard to remotely work on stuff like this.

My 04 HDJ100 LC doesn't have hum, and I'm pretty sure a friends 05 HDJ100 LC doesn't either or he would have mentioned it. UK market, so maybe there's a difference in equipment spec and there's a clue in that? The Teyes has line outs, so an aftermarket amp used with those might get rid of the hum.

My 04 HDJ100 LC doesn't have hum, and I'm pretty sure a friends 05 HDJ100 LC doesn't either or he would have mentioned it. UK market, so maybe there's a difference in equipment spec and there's a clue in that? The Teyes has line outs, so an aftermarket amp used with those might get rid of the hum.
Wasn't aware of the UK thing - interesting.

Doubling down on the comment about line outs - I'm putting in an inexpensive 4ch amp and an active sub in a couple of weeks and will use the RCA outs from the teyes for the source. Will let the group know how it goes, but I'm sure it's the best option if you're willing to replace the speakers.

Congo (on page 20) put in info about changing the "conditioning" and the hissing sound being due to max output to the speakers...And an "amp" toggle, and fixed his...this may be the fix for the hissing everyone is getting? I'm going to pull the trigger on the CC3 and try to install this into my '04 LC100. The teyes.com site has FAQ area that trouble shoots a bunch, and this thread has a ton of help too, so feeling pretty confident.

What I did:

Getting factory volume knob to work: there are 3 "female" connectors that I did not connect back to the factory bottom "tape player." Connected them and the factory volume knob is working.

Hissing fix: I messed with the Sound settings and the Power Conditioning settings. By default, it is set to max which is causing the unit to send full power to the speakers all the time. Adjust the Power Condition down to 30 (halfway) - 45 and it helped rid the distortion. There is an "Amp" toggle, turn it on.

speaking strictly for my 07LX - one thing I forgot to mention was that I noticed that when I plugged in the factory antennae wire to the back of the CC3 - it also added some slight distortions while playing music from the HDD. I've since given up on having the radio by the antenna and so the factory antennae aren't plugged in. Maybe try to unplug the factory antennae and see if that helps with distortion for LCs.

Wasn't aware of the UK thing - interesting.

Doubling down on the comment about line outs - I'm putting in an inexpensive 4ch amp and an active sub in a couple of weeks and will use the RCA outs from the teyes for the source. Will let the group know how it goes, but I'm sure it's the best option if you're willing to replace the speakers.

Im looking to do this as well please let us know how it goes.

For 07 LX -- From what I remember, the plug with the 4 green wires connect to the top factory navigation screen w/climate control. When I did not have it plugged in the climate control did not work on the CC3, it worked after plugged in.

For 07 LX -- From what I remember, the plug with the 4 green wires connect to the top factory navigation screen w/climate control. When I did not have it plugged in the climate control did not work on the CC3, it worked after plugged in.
That’s interesting. I found no home for this connector, but my climate control does work. Although I haven’t fully tested every single function. 🧐

There is one square-ish connector with 4 green wires on the LC that does not connect to anything. My 04 has a matching connector plugged into the gateway ECU, but if you unplug the gateway ECU the ac will stop working.

There have been several posts about this in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom