LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just finished installing the Teyes CC3 in my LC100 04 Landcruiser...it didn't take too long to match all of the plugs, followed the diagram best I could that came with the unit. It can also be found at teyes.com along with several helpful tips. Their install video was mostly useless however. The one thing I did wrong was like said just above what not to do...I unplugged the gateway ECU plug which sits against the far back behind the head unit, and plugged in the matching teyes harness. Don't do this! It took me 3 or 4 hours messing with settings (bc for the life if me I couldn't get the AC to work)! As soon as I swapped that back to where it was originally and left the teyes plug just hanging all worked well. All mynspeakers work fine, screen and Bluetooth and wifi all working great, decent maps running, etc. So, overall almost everything is working great except it does have the "shhhhhhh" sound, just ever so soft. I pulled the fuse for the amplifier just to see, and then I got no sound. I'm hoping someone on here or at teyes can figure out if a wire needs grounded or if changing the stock amp will fix it or what. If it weren't for the constant "shhhhh" sound it would be a 10 out of 10 for me. If you're about to install this definitely get familiar with the teyes.com site. Only thing I have left us to run the reverse camera wiring (I hooked it up per the diagram before reinstaling the head unit), I hope to never pull those bundles of wires back out again. If anyone changes their stock amp or finds a fix let me know, and thanks all, I wouldn't have attempted this without y'all and your posts

I just finished installing the Teyes CC3 in my LC100 04 Landcruiser...it didn't take too long to match all of the plugs, followed the diagram best I could that came with the unit. It can also be found at teyes.com along with several helpful tips. Their install video was mostly useless however. The one thing I did wrong was like said just above what not to do...I unplugged the gateway ECU plug which sits against the far back behind the head unit, and plugged in the matching teyes harness. Don't do this! It took me 3 or 4 hours messing with settings (bc for the life if me I couldn't get the AC to work)! As soon as I swapped that back to where it was originally and left the teyes plug just hanging all worked well. All mynspeakers work fine, screen and Bluetooth and wifi all working great, decent maps running, etc. So, overall almost everything is working great except it does have the "shhhhhhh" sound, just ever so soft. I pulled the fuse for the amplifier just to see, and then I got no sound. I'm hoping someone on here or at teyes can figure out if a wire needs grounded or if changing the stock amp will fix it or what. If it weren't for the constant "shhhhh" sound it would be a 10 out of 10 for me. If you're about to install this definitely get familiar with the teyes.com site. Only thing I have left us to run the reverse camera wiring (I hooked it up per the diagram before reinstaling the head unit), I hope to never pull those bundles of wires back out again. If anyone changes their stock amp or finds a fix let me know, and thanks all, I wouldn't have attempted this without y'all and your posts
The Shhhhh sound only affects LCs and there isn't a verified fix yet. My opinion is that it's due to the lack of ground wires on the harness, but I don't think anyone has tried to fix it yet.

The Shhhhh sound only affects LCs and there isn't a verified fix yet. My opinion is that it's due to the lack of ground wires on the harness, but I don't think anyone has tried to fix it yet.

If no one beats me to it, this is the next thing I'll try. Wanted to confirm the pin size for the Teyes harness, but I may try a work around. I have some pins that fit Toyota harnesses handy, so I might try those.

If no one beats me to it, this is the next thing I'll try. Wanted to confirm the pin size for the Teyes harness, but I may try a work around. I have some pins that fit Toyota harnesses handy, so I might try those.
It's the only relevant thing I can think of that's different between the LC amp (independent grounds) and the LX amp (shared ground)

Let us know, and thanks! I was about to research aftermarket amps and I'm not too familiar with any of their differences, but this sounds promising

Let us know, and thanks! I was about to research aftermarket amps and I'm not too familiar with any of their differences, but this sounds promising
I'm installing an aftermarket amp soon (when I get a sec). I'm assuming it would also fix any disortion issues as you'd run RCAs from the headunit to the amp, then wire speakers directly.

It's the only relevant thing I can think of that's different between the LC amp (independent grounds) and the LX amp (shared ground)
T'eyes tech support got back to me saying that it's an earthing issue. Moving the two wires over on the G plug supposedly resolves the issue, but no change here even after doing the suggested wire move.
unnamed.png

my LC also came with an overhead DVD player that uses a radio frequency to transmit sound to the speakers. I never use it. Behind the NAV, there's this unit:
52710764938_f415d53930_k.jpg
52709763822_e641f3cbf5_k.jpg

wondering if this could be a culprit as well?

T'eyes tech support got back to me saying that it's an earthing issue. Moving the two wires over on the G plug supposedly resolves the issue, but no change here even after doing the suggested wire move.
View attachment 3260723

my LC also came with an overhead DVD player that uses a radio frequency to transmit sound to the speakers. I never use it. Behind the NAV, there's this unit:

Teyes is right. It is an earthing issue, but neither of those wires on that harness are grounds. They're the positive feeds to the rear speakers.

No one else has mentioned the DVD player. My truck doesn't have that and I have the hiss. So I doubt that's the problem.

View attachment 3260723

View attachment 3260724View attachment 3260725
Not entirely for sure. Have two LCs without those but noise and hum.

View attachment 3260723

View attachment 3260724View attachment 3260725

I agree it's a grounding issue. What Teyes tech support told you has nothing to do with ground, though. Moving those two wires enables the rear speaker outputs because their stock harness had the wires in the wrong place. We as a community figured out that problem and it's frustrating that they still don't even understand that issue and how it's separate from the grounding issue.

If you want to solve the ground problem, you'll need to move those two wires, then add four more into the blank spots, then wire those to the factory harness in the FL-, FR-, RL-, and RR- pins.

I'm happy to help someone wire this correctly, but I have an LX so can't test it myself.

Got a follow-up from T'eyes:
"have you tried earthing the speakers to the frame"
That's a good test, but I think the right solution is to ground the 4 blank pins to the respective speaker negatives on the factory amp (via the factory harness).

Also, Teyes have been working on a number of issues, but it's this community that solved the rear speaker problem and identified that the harness they sent was incorrect and doesn't have grounds. By all means, keep talking to them, but realize that they're just parroting back the things we figured out and told them.

That's a good test, but I think the right solution is to ground the 4 blank pins to the respective speaker negatives on the factory amp (via the factory harness).

Also, Teyes have been working on a number of issues, but it's this community that solved the rear speaker problem and identified that the harness they sent was incorrect and doesn't have grounds. By all means, keep talking to them, but realize that they're just parroting back the things we figured out and told them.
Oh no doubt! The only reason I reached out to tech support is to have a documentation of the problems that I'm having, and hopes that they send a corrected harness at some point.

I didn't go back to reread this thread. If I remember correctly, it is you who gave Teyes all this wonderful information. Thanks!

Almost finished with my install! Curious, where are you all running your 4G/5G and GPS antennas? Thanks so much!

Almost finished with my install! Curious, where are you all running your 4G/5G and GPS antennas? Thanks so much!

I attached mine on top of the glove box area. Nice and flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom