LX450 Oak Ignition / Key Trim Part Number Please (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gascan

All chaps, no jeans.
Threads
Well, this just happened :(. Having a difficult time trying to find the part number for a replacement of the round trim piece for the ignition cylinder (where the key goes) in oak/tan for a 96-97’ LX450. If it’s discontinued, any idea if one from a different Toyota/Lexus is a good replacement?

04D70DD1-1907-4507-BC17-83586C8641A6.jpeg

wanted mine too be black so went to junkyard and checked a bunch of different models until I found one. wasn't a perfect match but you couldn't tell it wasn't factory if you were looking at it. can't remember what Toyota I ended getting it out of but I believe it was out of a Camry. just an option to consider if you can't find one.

Gascan Just a question, do you have any friends that own a 3D printer? If you do you might want to talk to them about printing you a replacement. They might even be able to use an ABS plastic that's a close color match to the part you need.

Last edited:
Gascan Just a question, do you have any friends that own a 3D printer? If you do you might want to talk to them about printing you a replacement. They might even be able to use an ABS plastic that's a close color match to the part you need.
These are actually more like a rubber. They are fairly soft and pliable.

I have the same deterioration issue except mine is crumbling. Subscribed to find a solution.
@Gascan I found mine used. They are long gone with Toyota. I would check with people parting out rigs.

What part of Florida are you from?

I'm in St Pete. I've explored central Florida a bit (Different springs being the main destination), dabbled down in the lower Keys but have yet to make it up to the panhandle as that's an overnight trip; if you can recommend a dog friendly place to camp, I'd greatly appreciate it.

As @BILT4ME pointed out, they're a soft, rubber-like plastic; and my lack of 3D printer equipped friends. :confused:

I’d search the MUD classifieds under rigs being parted out.

Wish it was more of an OEM smooth finish w/ the <--PUSH. May be my MacBook screen, but the oak color seems a bit too bright.

Oh did you get the peice that slides in..
That's just for shipping..
You guys really should do another video at solve function showing the removal of the shipping piece. The YouTube video that you link to I think gives people the impression that that piece is somehow snapping in. Just fyi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom