Lx door restoration? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my rig: 96 lx450, 181k,
I bought my 96 lx a little under a year ago. I’ve noticed over that time the windows have loosened up (rattle when not fully up, sliding out of the track about 1/8th in.). Wondering if anyone has restore these; replacing clips/brackets, updating mechanics, replacing motors, etc...). I know a lot of 90’s cars have these same issues. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

I went through all my doors a couple years ago, all the stuff you mentioned. New window tracks, speakers, window motors in front, drivers side master switch, etc. Get FSM and read this forum, not that hard, just "Work slowly and carefully" as it used to say in the old plastic model kits.

Invest in a set of trim molding tools and a proper pry tool for pulling the door panels. Be very careful pulling the door panels off, find out where the snap in connectors are, and do not pry too far away from them, and go ahead and buy a whole new set of them for re-installation.

I went through all my doors a couple years ago, all the stuff you mentioned. New window tracks, speakers, window motors in front, drivers side master switch, etc. Get FSM and read this forum, not that hard, just "Work slowly and carefully" as it used to say in the old plastic model kits.

Invest in a set of trim molding tools and a proper pry tool for pulling the door panels. Be very careful pulling the door panels off, find out where the snap in connectors are, and do not pry too far away from them, and go ahead and buy a whole new set of them for re-installation.

were there any points that something took a different approach? It seems like most projects have at least one “oh s***!” moment.

were there any points that something took a different approach? It seems like most projects have at least one “oh s***!” moment.

The plastic triangle on the inside of the door opposite of the mirror is probably the hardest thing to remove without breaking. Find a picture online to figure out exactly how it is held in place, and then be very careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom